Total hip replacement twice

_Snake_

Established Member
Anyone else been through a total hip replacement yet? I had my right one done on 5/22. On 7/1, this happened.
IMG_3341.jpeg

Hopefully getting discharged tomorrow with my titanium zip ties.
IMG_3357.jpeg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So they believe the bone that broke off will re-bond? Did they change out the lower portion of the implant?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone else been through a total hip replacement yet? I had my right one done on 5/22. On 7/1, this happened. View attachment 1800038

Hopefully getting discharged tomorrow with my titanium zip ties.
View attachment 1800039

What the **** did you do?

Orthopods are a necessary evil but that is one service I avoided like the plague. It was like listening to Neanderthals beating on rocks.

A coat hanger can bring out the kid in you.

_Snake_

Established Member
So they believe the bone that broke off will re-bond? Did they change out the lower portion of the implant?

Yes, and they did swap out the entire lower portion including the ball.

Complex revision and it does look like replacement of hardware at least partially.
Bummer.
Don’t do that again right?
-J

Exactly. That was the worst pain I’ve ever experienced and they had to wait 24 hours to operate on it.

What the **** did you do?

Orthopods are a necessary evil but that is one service I avoided like the plague. It was like listening to Neanderthals beating on rocks.

A coat hanger can bring out the kid in you.

I was hooking up our horse trailer and found a wasp nest under the gooseneck. I backpedaled a few steps to get away and that was all she wrote. I was down for the count.

Morgan

Established Member
Is riding horses the impetus for needing replacement?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
That sucks. Bad luck for sure. Now you get put in the penalty box and can’t put full weight on it for 4-6 weeks. This happens 1-2 times a year (out of roughly 300 hips) my practice. The revision X-ray looks good—I’d be happy with that film. Just be sure to follow instructions postop.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Man that looks painful! Looks like a really bad break. Good luck on your recovery.
My neighbor is currently recovering from his third hip surgery on the same side! First one something about it wasn't done right or the parts weren't correct so it didn't heal right. Then he had to have a bone graft and a medicated sleeve for about eight weeks. Now he's got the new hip and is recovering.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I will have to have both of mine replaced (not quite there yet).

Something to look forward to.... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread