Total Loss..

creina

Established Member
Yep, I think I took my last ride in the SVT on Wednesday Night. I hit a deer at about 60, well, the deer hit me, Just ran into the RT FT of the car.

Being an Insurance Adjuster and seeing the damage, I'm assuming it'll be totaled. It'll be close, depends on how my Insurance company determines my value. Believe it or not, I'm not insured w/ the same company I work for.

Anyway, It needs a RT Headlight, Repair to the bumper, repair to the rt door, blend to the rear door, Rt mirror, Repair to the hood, Fender is trashed, need a headlight mounting panel. Needs a cowl vent as the fender was pushed into that and damaged it. Needs about an hour pull on the upper tie bar/rad support. Fender liner. I'm also leaking coolant, but cant' tell if it's the resevior or the radiator, no direct impact to the radiator but I've seen them spring leaks without an impact, however the coolant resevoir is right up against my crumpled fender. And the best part....Deer shit on the windshield.

I wrote a liberal estimate at work, pretty much wrote everything that I saw and projected supplements. came out to about 3000. I didnt' write to partial refinish anything and I wrote all OEM parts, I was just trying see what worst case scenario would be.

Low retail for the car w/ 205k on it is about 2900, high being approx 4700.

My adjuster comes tomorrow, I'm gonna try to talk to her into saving it, but after rental, and towing, I might be in trouble

Wish me luck!:shrug:

Last edited:

LUCA

Established Member
Good to hear it's not a total!
Bangor Body Works huh?
Do you live in Bangor? I'm in Bethlehem. :)
I think you need to come to some of our CEG (contour.org) meets!
We're going to have a Big Boulder meet at the end of Jan. Join us if you'd like.
PM me and I will give you the info.

Users who are viewing this thread