Tough day yesterday....and don't roast my butt Dave...I searched!!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I headed to the office and after about a mile, I notice the thing is pulling to the left. I go..."uh ohh..." and pull over. Sure enough, the left front is low as hell. Too low to continue driving. So rather than dig out the jack and spare and change the tire in my nice clothes and on a busy street, I grab my laptop and hoof it 2 miles to the tire store. The temperature is already pushing 90 and I'm not a happy camper. When I get there, I tell them it's not completely flat and they grab an air tank and we jump in the shop truck and head back to the car to see if the tire will hold air. Yep. It holds well enough to get it back to the tire shop. So then I hoof it another mile to the office. The manager calls me a little later and tells me the tire is cut near the sidewall and shouldn't be repaired. I agree. It's the original Goodyear's on the car with 13K + on them. I have rotated those tires with every oil change so they are still in decent shape. But I'm not going to pay for just one Goodyear, so I ask him what he can do. He gives me a couple of options for tires, but he highly recommends the ZR1 Z rated Fuzions. They are also far and away the cheapest of his options. So I say...."gimme a minute" and I jump on to his site and do a search for Fuzions. I find some mixed reviews....but overall, people seem to be happy with them. I read some reviews on Tirerack with heavy emphasis on F body and Mustang owners and they seem to be happy with them. So I call the guy up and say go for it.

So...after all that, can anyone here tell me what their personal experience is with these tires? The price is fantastic!! Before you all rip me a new one for my choice, please keep in mind I do not race this car! It is street use only. And although there have been a couple of times when I wish the Goodyear's had some bite in 2nd gear, off line traction is not my major concern. I want a tire with decent mileage, and one that will balance up properly and run smooth and fairly quietly. Thanks for your input!!

Users who are viewing this thread