Tow ball plug

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
I am not sure exactly what it is called, but I am looking for that little plug that fits on the back bumper where the tow ball should go. I have never had a tow ball on my truck, and never plan on getting one. And that hole that is there right now looks terrible. I know they make little plugs to put in there, but I have no idea what they are called (therefore making it difficult to search).

Anyone know what they are called, or where I can order one?

Chrolle

Established Member
Im not quite sure thats what he is talking about man...

He's talking about the bumper itself, where you can put a ball through it, there is a piece of the colored bumper missing. At least on my truck there is, as well as there is a hitch itself.

fac00tec

i see dead people
Established Member
He is talking about a round flat 'black plug that goes in hole where the hitch ball would go thru.

boost_freak

Whipple Powered
Established Member
The part number on the back of one looks like 1L54-17D754-ABW. Try the number at the ford dealer. It's just a black hard plastic insert.

fac00tec

i see dead people
Established Member
boost_freak said:
The part number on the back of one looks like 1L54-17D754-ABW. Try the number at the ford dealer. It's just a black hard plastic insert.
+ 1:banana:

BoogBlue03

400/500 club 5ive.4our
Established Member
Do The Bling!
BLING.gif

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
boost_freak said:

Ya, I already dropped the actual hitch, I was looking for the bumper plug. Appretiate the part number, I didn't know it was an actual dealer part. I thought it was an aftermaket thing. Thanks!

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
ChronicReign said:
Ya, I already dropped the actual hitch, I was looking for the bumper plug. Appretiate the part number, I didn't know it was an actual dealer part. I thought it was an aftermaket thing. Thanks!
I think I paid around 5 or 6 bucks for mine from a dealer ship. I also got little plugs for the drop tow chain holes.

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
MAT2CH said:
I think I paid around 5 or 6 bucks for mine from a dealer ship. I also got little plugs for the drop tow chain holes.
I bought one about 5 months ago. My Ford dealer charged $15.00 for it. :fm:
It doesn't even fit all that well. Fits loose.
I wound up leaving it off because I was afraid to wear out the paint on the bumper due to plug rattling around all the time.
I don't think any Lightnings originally came with these plugs, did they?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread