Town Politics

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Our county manager and a few others stole 4 million from the county budget. Part of that was paying a settlement to a black guy who was falsely prisoned. He won't be getting his money.

They were all democrats and got probation. They were sentenced to do prison time, but because of covid all they had to do was house arrest.

Do you think the money was ever paid back? Nope.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Our county manager and a few others stole 4 million from the county budget. Part of that was paying a settlement to a black guy who was falsely prisoned. He won't be getting his money.

They were all democrats and got probation. They were sentenced to do prison time, but because of covid all they had to do was house arrest.

Do you think the money was ever paid back? Nope.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
It's one thing to get a judgement against someone for money owed/stolen. It's a whole nother' ball game to actually collect that money.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Just like my current job, people fail upwards. The guys that are not good as a tech, they give them jobs as supervisors. I wouldn’t be surprised if this guy ran for Mayor next and wins.
We must live in the same town. Lol. The shit is maddening.

And the shithead in question where I am? The mayor! (I swear)

Established Member
The cure is for good people to run, but the systems in place to destroy you if you don't play the game once in office keep good people mostly out of politics. Everyone is a convenient criminal at some level or else probably doesn't have a life.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I would be hesitant to trust someone with that kind of power (and public funds) to not make other bad judgement decisions. A DUI is a serious case of bad judgment and could indicate a beginning or continuing pattern of bad decision making - whether in personal or work life.

Let's be honest - if he was busted with a DUI, it's likely not the first time he's been under the influence while driving. It's just the first time he was caught.

There are plenty of public/gov positions that will send you packing after a DUI. I have zero problem with someone losing their job over a DUI arrest.
Military doesn't "fire" people over a DUI, but it hammers them after they've already been punished for the offence in the the civilian sector, so they're being punished twice. You're unreasonably holding a government official to some artificial higher standard because the profession you've chosen would shitcan you for a misdemeanor.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Military doesn't "fire" people over a DUI, but it hammers them after they've already been punished for the offence in the the civilian sector, so they're being punished twice.
I never said military. I'll take your word for it. Again, it goes to judgement and decision making. They aware of the consequences in both the civilian sector and the military sector and still don't have good enough judgment to not DUI? They deserve what they get. As does anyone who DUI.

You're unreasonably holding a government official to some artificial higher standard because the profession you've chosen would shitcan you for a misdemeanor.
LOL - I work in the alcohol industry, we have tastings during the day at work.

Honestly, there are plenty of private sector jobs that will can you for a DUI. If a person is a driver of any type for a company, there is often a zero tolerance policy for any type of DUI arrest.

I don't think it's unreasonable to hold public officials to a higher standard when it comes to a DUI. They are elected/appointed and require the trust of their constituents. If I can't trust them to not DUI, why would I want to trust them in any other aspect of their public service? They can't keep themselves from DUI when it's illegal, what makes me think they can avoid it while at work or during meetings or any other time they are representing the entity they are elected to?

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
We must live in the same town. Lol. The shit is maddening.

And the shithead in question where I am? The mayor! (I swear)
It sounds like it, I swear.
I never said military. I'll take your word for it. Again, it goes to judgement and decision making. They aware of the consequences in both the civilian sector and the military sector and still don't have good enough judgment to not DUI? They deserve what they get. As does anyone who DUI.

LOL - I work in the alcohol industry, we have tastings during the day at work.

Honestly, there are plenty of private sector jobs that will can you for a DUI. If a person is a driver of any type for a company, there is often a zero tolerance policy for any type of DUI arrest.

I don't think it's unreasonable to hold public officials to a higher standard when it comes to a DUI. They are elected/appointed and require the trust of their constituents. If I can't trust them to not DUI, why would I want to trust them in any other aspect of their public service? They can't keep themselves from DUI when it's illegal, what makes me think they can avoid it while at work or during meetings or any other time they are representing the entity they are elected to?
That’s my whole point, they are elected officials who are the ones who pass down rules and regulations for the employees of the town and all the people residing in it. I can’t trust that you can make the right decisions when it comes to us in the town if he as a 50 year old man can’t make the right decision to not drink and drive.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
People be basically saying being an elected government official is a profession…. Lmfao. We are screwed as a country and they don’t even know why.

Established Member
It sounds like it, I swear.

That’s my whole point, they are elected officials who are the ones who pass down rules and regulations for the employees of the town and all the people residing in it. I can’t trust that you can make the right decisions when it comes to us in the town if he as a 50 year old man can’t make the right decision to not drink and drive.
I'd add that those guys think the rules are for Thee, not for me. Just like taxes. Only little people pay taxes.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Ah, but you’re entitled to punish beyond the offense. Got it.

What happens when you get a DUI in the military? You don't get off by any means. There's always a punishment and sometimes that means separation, typically it means losing rank and position. Government should not have it easier than anyone.

Edit: didn't see the prior posts regarding this question. Carry on.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
It’s really quite simple.

If this Fanook is a biden voter literally nothing will happen to him.

If he supports President Trump he’s finished.
Ded. Fkn. Srs.
But you prolly already know this.

If you are being charged with any crime, "I Hate Donald Trump" should be part of anyone's defense strategy for anyone who lives in a liberal city.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
What happens when you get a DUI in the military? You don't get off by any means. There's always a punishment and sometimes that means separation, typically it means losing rank and position. Government should not have it easier than anyone.

Edit: didn't see the prior posts regarding this question. Carry on.
You dont get fired in the military, but a dui can kill career progression. OP want the guy fired, no questions. A DUI is a misdemeanor, you know like exhibition of speed.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
You dont get fired in the military, but a dui can kill career progression. OP want the guy fired, no questions. A DUI is a misdemeanor, you know like exhibition of speed.

It displays poor judgement though most of all. Inability to make sound decisions and a willingness to put the public's lives in danger; the people they are there to protect. That's where I think the major difference is.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
It displays poor judgement though most of all. Inability to make sound decisions and a willingness to put the public's lives in danger; the people they are there to protect. That's where I think the major difference is.
So does speeding, but I wont get fired for it

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
So does speeding, but I wont get fired for it

I thought about that too, and I think there is a distinction in speeding. There's normal speeding thats 10-20mph over and there's reckless driving where you're doing 100+. Reckless driving certainly deserves punishment if caught, but the main difference is that you aren't impaired. Drunk driving has the stigma due to the amount of crashes and deaths it causes every year. If speeding alone resulted in as many deaths then it would be stigmatized the same as drunk driving. There is a difference between the two due to the driver's state of mind.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Sure there’s felony speeding too and that seldom gets the publicity that a DUI does. OP jumped the gun on demanding the politician got canned BEFORE due process. He was savvy enough to question what the guy’s punishment could be, but played Judge at insisting termination should be the punishment. Pitchforks and torches are likely coming…..

Users who are viewing this thread