Toyota Tundra to pull........the Endeavor Space Shuttle

2006is350

Established Member
The funny thing is that you see a lot of people on here saying "I'd never send my. Money to the Japs!!" I bet half the if not more of the computers, tablets, phones or whatever that was use to post that were built in another country. Just saying.

Cobra Jay

Got Boost?
Established Member
The two biggest purchases most people make in their life is their house and their car(s). I'm not sending my money to Japan... don't care where the truck is assembled (texas or not) its still a foreign company.

:beer:

because i will buy the product i fell is best, i dont give a **** where its made. i also refuse to support unions so i will not buy a new american made car.

and i make my living off of repairing union built shitboxes. :p

Yet you own a Cobra Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Gee thats a riot considering service departments at foreign dealers are just as big, if not bigger than the ones at domestic dealers............

the thing looks like a damn dolphin...i hate everything about this... Ford, Chevy, or Dodge should be pulling that regardless of parts, warehouses, or plant locations period.

Exactly, they put it in Texas just to take as many Ford sales as possible.its a strategic move to put Ford out if business.
Texas is the #1 state for F150 sales.
Here's something to think about.
Japan would love to crush out entire manufacturing and economy. That entirely why Cash for clunkers in Japan didn't allow Ford or any other Detroit Co to be part.
Unlike the US. Toyota gained the most out of it here then they slap us in the face when they choose to do that program.
Im not saying Toyota junk, but I look at people in them with disgust and never give them any Road manners.

Exactly

Until the day it personally effects you.

You go buy the value and I go by morals.

How is it racist to want to support your own country if that's what they think they're doing? Point out what's racist in this thread for me. :read:

this. toyota employs more americans than ford, chevy or dodge so im fine with it.

btw those new tundras are bad ass

BS Can't believe you're dumb enough to think that

You do realize its build in America by American workers right?

Where does the profit go genius :bash:

Hey that truck is made right here in my home town, lots of USA in there! Ford trucks are hecho in mexico lol, i love my Fords but it is a reality.

Ford F150s are made in Dearborn MI and Kansas City. F250 and 350s are made in Kentucky If you gonna TRY and talk shit, get yer facts straight Lamont :beer:

infidel0910

Established Member
If I ever got a truck, it would wear the blue oval. Plus, not impressed with the shuttle pull at all.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
A lot of our stuff has been outsourced. It makes sense in the short run; however we are seeing the effects now of decisions made long ago. I still feel good about American cars, hell they're easier to work on if anything.

Ducci

Established Member

Who cares in a global economy. Even if Ford or GM got the profits and paid these wonderful corporate taxes do you actually believe a politician will do something good with it? Besides, Toyota builds the V-8/V-6 for the Tundra where I live and it has done great things for our economy.

Toyota In Action - Alabama

94venomV8

Established Member
I think it plays a huge part in that the truck obviously isnt supporting the weight like it would with a trailer. The shuttle is on wheels and the tundra can just pull it where I know for a fact the tundra couldnt pull a 20ft steel flatbed with a digger on it, Ive seen one of my old bosses try, the truck was bottoming out just about in the rear and when he was going up hill he was flooring it..... but it would barely make it up the hill. I have first hand experience, know how......Cuz I hooked it up to my 7.3L F250 crew cab and didnt even notice I had something on the back.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
It's def nothing new. We once used a 4cyl Mitsubishi truck to tow a 45k lb CH-53E helicopter since our tow tractor was down. It had no issues. Is certainly hope the Tundra could do this.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Cobra Jay

Got Boost?
Established Member
If I ever got a truck, it would wear the blue oval.

Plus, not impressed with the shuttle pull at all.

Me neither, but that's not the point

Who cares in a global economy. Even if Ford or GM got the profits and paid these wonderful corporate taxes do you actually believe a politician will do something good with it?

Besides, Toyota builds the V-8/V-6 for the Tundra where I live and it has done great things for our economy

My point exactly, no one cares about the USA anymore. And, what "global economy". Our government is so crooked, they let other countries dictate how much we are allowed to import into their counties, yet they allow almost anything from any country to be brought here so spare me the BS aboit global economy.

That should be a Ford, GM or Chrysler plant down there, but that POS Shelby and his butt buddy Corker would rather have foregin plants down there. They must get some nice kick backs.

They can't even pull their own racing trailers...

If it can tow it uphill I will be impressed. Otherwise, no.

That because they don't build a truck that can tow like a Ford GM or Dodge. Hell, do they even build their own engines for their race cars? Last I knew, they didn't

I think it plays a huge part in that the truck obviously isnt supporting the weight like it would with a trailer. The shuttle is on wheels and the tundra can just pull it where I know for a fact the tundra couldnt pull a 20ft steel flatbed with a digger on it, Ive seen one of my old bosses try, the truck was bottoming out just about in the rear and when he was going up hill he was flooring it..... but it would barely make it up the hill. I have first hand experience, know how......Cuz I hooked it up to my 7.3L F250 crew cab and didnt even notice I had something on the back.

Toyota trucks are pathetic.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member

Really? The truck drove just as if it had nothing back there? I find that hard to believe. The Tundra you were using was never designed to pull that much weight. I bet if you had tried an F-150 with similar equipment to the Tundra it would have done just the same. Always use the right tool for the job.

And if Toyota doesn't use a Tundra to pull their race trailers it is because they don't have a truck capable of safely towing them. At least they admit to it.

Toyota makes good trucks. So do the big 3. Some of you need to get your head out of your ass. Toyota provides a lot of jobs for Americans. THAT money stays here.

I too wish a Ford could be pulling the shuttle, but someone chose Toyota. Its not a reason to cry. It is only being pulled 1/4 mile. Just enough to get some attention and make some new customers. Oh and piss off some big 3 fans.

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
I was actually wondering, and hoping....what if this is the long awaited introduction to the Tundra Diesel. Probably not.

siLversLeigh

Established Member
ToyotaRacingChevy.jpg

What Percentage of Your Truck Is Made in America? - PickupTrucks.com News

Users who are viewing this thread