Toyota Tundras are having engine failures!

aaandht

Established Member
No but I saw one a few days ago and it just looked like ass. But I figured it was rushed and several big problems would arise in the first few months. Then more down the road.

Outlaw Cowboy

Glowing Horse Penis
Established Member
aaandht said:
No but I saw one a few days ago and it just looked like ass. But I figured it was rushed and several big problems would arise in the first few months. Then more down the road.
I love it when people contradict themselves in the same paragraph. Man, I hate it when they do that.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Yea because (here)GOD'S TRUCK! THE ALMIGHTY FORD isnt having any issues(here) and we all know who should (here)REALLY be number 1.(here)

Insert sarcasm (here)

707RIDAH

Established Member
I would take a Toyota Tundra over a F150 any day of the week. I like Fords and all but atleast Toyota is offering to fix the problem instead of sweeping it under the rug like Ford did with The ticking cylinder head on the Cobra.:rolleyes: Like any car manufacturer Toyota has recalls on their products the difference is Toyota actually takes care of their customers instead of offering a b.s excuse

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
what, the new diesel? ford had a recall on them to flash their ECUs(so they wouldnt shoot flames out the pipes during the "regen" process, LOL), but thats about it. hardly comparable to exploding cam shafts.

Outlaw Cowboy

Glowing Horse Penis
Established Member
707RIDAH said:
I would take a Toyota Tundra over a F150 any day of the week. I like Fords and all but atleast Toyota is offering to fix the problem instead of sweeping it under the rug like Ford did with The ticking cylinder head on the Cobra.:rolleyes: Like any car manufacturer Toyota has recalls on their products the difference is Toyota actually takes care of their customers instead of offering a b.s excuse
It doesn't work like that. What any and all big companies do when this sort of thing happens is have people calculate approximately how much money they would lose recalling all the broken parts versus paying off all the lawsuits from said broken parts. Whichever decision makes them lose less money is generally the course of action. It's not that Ford is EVIL and Toyota is good. It's just business.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
As long as Ford has the F450 on the market it owns the work truck catagory until someone can offer a competitor. It can haul 7k lbs more than the next highest offering from any other company.

When did Toyota pass GM as the largest automaker? Last I heard they were leading in sales but GM is still the largest. What do they mean by that in the article?

707RIDAH

Established Member
Outlaw Cowboy said:
It doesn't work like that. What any and all big companies do when this sort of thing happens is have people calculate approximately how much money they would lose recalling all the broken parts versus paying off all the lawsuits from said broken parts. Whichever decision makes them lose less money is generally the course of action. It's not that Ford is EVIL and Toyota is good. It's just business.

You must have watched Fight Club last night huh?:lol1:

p.s. very few people will get that joke!

Whizzle

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
and the cummins may be the best engine out their but, in my opinion, it is also in the worst truck available.

I couldnt agree more:thumbsup:

Dusten

Established Member
Euphoric One said:
"Sporty" Pick-ups: Dodge Ram
Heavy Duty Work Trucks: Chevrolet Silverado
Elegant Passenger Trucks: Ford F150

Gay: All others
I agree with stated above, the Silverado is a much better riding truck, but can not handle the load of the new superduty's

Whizzle said:
Yep, Go 6.0 Superduties:loser:

Anything with a Cummins will always "own"

Elegant:lol:
Ever hear of the killer dowel pin on a cummins? I rest my case.

707RIDAH said:

That is how Ed Norton Explains his job in that movie

Whizzle

Established Member
707RIDAH said:

Look at the braces wrapped around the ash tray. It would be a good anti-smoking ad:lol:

jfsram

Established Member
They found a glitch that has shown up on 20 engines. Put that into perspective vs number of trucks sold. Ford wouldn't step up to the plate until it was every 2nd truck. Exaggerated I know.

Sport truck, SRT10, Lightning.
Comfy personal truck 1500 Silverado
Work truck because they are ugly as sin. F250.
Sled drags. Cummins.

People buy trucks for all different reasons. Work, play, comfort, features, blah, blah blah.

My Ram has over 500,000kms. It's not because it's a Dodge. I credit it's simplicity for it being able to reach it's age and it's still running great.
No AC to fail, no power seats, windows, no computer, no dual zone heating.

Just a 5 wire ignition system and a Holley carburetor.

754650_10_full.jpg

Dusten

Established Member
jfsram said:
They found a glitch that has shown up on 20 engines. Put that into perspective vs number of trucks sold. Ford wouldn't step up to the plate until it was every 2nd truck. Exaggerated I know.
It was also a casting flaw in the block of the truck, from Navistar, not from ford.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Whizzle said:
Yep, Go 6.0 Superduties:loser:

Anything with a Cummins will always "own"

Elegant:lol:
I take it you just read up alot of pickups. If you had actually owned a cummins at one point in time you wouldn't be saying that. Troublesome 6.0>cummins.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

The reason that this is a story is because it's the second major engine problem Toyota has had in the past few months. First it was the engine sludge which in many cases needed a replaced engine and landed Toyota a few lawsuits.

The big deal is that Ford and GM don't have the reputation of having the best built cars in the world, Toyota does. And while Toyota continues to grow larger than they can handle these major problems are going to keep arising and Ford and GM are going to surpass them in quality as they are already on their tail.

This story has to do with a lot more than just 20 engine failures, it's the bigger picture at Toyota. Will they be able to be the largest manufacturer and retain their high quality ratings.

cj8718

Banned
99cobrablack said:
mods on this big d-bag, I mean d-max silverado??

Just programming... it's called EFILive w/ a downloaded tune from McRat Racing. Supporting mods (including beefing up the best transmission in the industry) coming soon.

D-Bag? How about you get a car made THIS millenium before you start popping off? :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread