TPMS question

pghplumber

Established Member
So, I have a 2011 Gt/CS and I just purchased a set of stock 2010 GT500 wheels with tires and TPMS installed already.

My question is, how do I sync these new tpms units? Is this something I need to go to the dealer for, or is there I tool I can buy/borrow from someone?

Thanks

Krace

Established Member
1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi.

2) Turn ignition to the on position.

3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.

4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".

5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.

6) Repeat for the the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.

7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.

8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure.

Enjoy!

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi.

2) Turn ignition to the on position.

3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.

4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".

5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.

6) Repeat for the the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.

7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.

8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure.

Enjoy!

Badass...never knew that!

vortecd

Established Member
I didn't do any of that with mine. Bought 2 Ford sensors and installed on new wheels and all was good. I did have my battery disconnected so maybe that is why no issues. When I went to the track and lowered the tires to 20, the light came on and after filling back up it went off

pghplumber

Established Member
So, this may be really stupid. But, if I don't have the wheels on the car...but they are within 10 feet of the car, will this still work? Basically I'm asking if they need to be mounted on the car in order for the training to work.
Thanks

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
So, this may be really stupid. But, if I don't have the wheels on the car...but they are within 10 feet of the car, will this still work? Basically I'm asking if they need to be mounted on the car in order for the training to work.
Thanks

Are the old tires still on the car? Your not supposed to have different TPMS sensors nearby as they can apparently affect this. I managed to get mine to all sync properly with my 07 Tundra with TPMS sitting next too my car though.

So your mileage may vary?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
how long does it take before the tpms light turns on? i had my rear darkstars on for a week and my front ones for over a day and the light is still off.

pghplumber

Established Member
Yeah, I still have my old rims and tires on the car. Taking them off tomorrow. I think I might just put the new rims on and see what happens. If I never get a TPMS light, fine. If one comes on, then I'll try to train these new sensors.

S1N1ST3R

Established Member
ok for all the people who are like me i didnt put the sensors back on my new rims. so what i did was get some pvc pipeing. i took about a ten inch piece capped both ends drilled holes for the sensors and put a valve stem in it. inflated with the amount required and you can store it under your seat in the trunk pretty much where ever you want lol. My buddy told me about this trick.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
ok for all the people who are like me i didnt put the sensors back on my new rims. so what i did was get some pvc pipeing. i took about a ten inch piece capped both ends drilled holes for the sensors and put a valve stem in it. inflated with the amount required and you can store it under your seat in the trunk pretty much where ever you want lol. My buddy told me about this trick.

Why is your light on then?

scotmach

Established Member
I don't run any TPMS valves in my Weld RT-S wheels and my light comes on immediately upon starting the car.

Users who are viewing this thread