TPS Slotted, Dimpled, or Cross Drilled Brake Rotors-from $239.99 FREE SHIPPING!

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looks good! I like how the dimples look. I wonder how long the paint will last. My DBA rotors started rusting on the hub after about 10 car washes.

The dimples and slots are zinc coated so they will not rust... we've been selling our line of rotors for 4 years and not had any complaints about rusting...

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Looks good! I like how the dimples look. I wonder how long the paint will last. My DBA rotors started rusting on the hub after about 10 car washes.

Yeah, it's not paint its zinc coated like Mike said. It doesn't look like it will rust, it almost looks like anodizing. I bed the front pads in right before taking this picture so it's doubtful they'll get much hotter than they were at that time, so it doesn't seem like heat will bother the zinc coating either.
I tried to get the rears on tonight when I got home from work, but a storm blew in REAL fast so I hurried just to put it back together and get it back in the garage. I just made it... I was hoping that since my car has such low miles, I'd be able to get the pads in without turning in the caliper piston, but not so much. I'm gonna have to go buy a better piston clocking tool cause mine's junk. Hopefully next week.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
As little as I use it I have a feeling it will last me long time.

I went on a tool binge when I got my new tool box

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
:lol: I've been on a tool binge since I was 8 years old... I'm that guy with thousands of dollars worth of tools in thousands of dollars worth of tool boxes, crammed into a 1 car garage that I can barely fit my car into....

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
You don't have to tell me...

48cb44b8.jpg

While I don't have thousands in tool boxes I have some $ in it

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Yeah, I'm not well.... It's so crammed I had to put my compressor in the basement and plumb it out to the garage.

DSC_0077.jpg

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Plus it doesn't help you have 2 doors taking up all that room. I'm not going to be in this house long enough to get a compressor and plumb it from the basement. Even though I have the perfect spot

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Yeah, I hate the two doors and the step into the house is even worse than the doors... I'd love to move, but I refuse to buy another house in this toilet state and since I don't get paroled from here for another 13 years, I'm stuck. I have a big back yard and thought about building a nice pole barn, but I have a terrible disease right now called fundsalow and I don't do loans.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Garage looks like mine LOL. Except I have a 2 car with the Z on one side and the. Shelby on the other with boxes down the middle. Any major work and I go to my brothers house. Funny because he has a one car garage and we build everything in there. I did all my mods at his house and pulled his motor at mines. Going to call tomorrow and order the rotors. Just did the ceramic pads less than 1K ago so going to reuse them.

Brake tool came from a pawn shop. Paid 40 bucks for a MAC that retails for 359. Most of my speciality tools I have found at pawn shops and mostly Mac and snap on. But nothing beats a craftsman

Crushinator

Established Member
Don't know if this has been talked about, but is there a weight advantage to these rotors? I'd definitely be in for a set if these show even a minimal weight savings over the stock rotors.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I like them, they look great and seem to be bedding with my ceramic pads very well.
I'm not too impressed with the black zinc coating though. I'd recommend just getting bare metal. I wanted the black coating so that I wouldn't have to paint the hubs and parts where the pads don't touch. Obviously the zinc coating wears off where the pads touch anyway, but the spots where the coating doesn't get touched or worn off has turned colors and leaves white stains that are a PIA to get off and stand out a little more than I'd like. No big deal, but I wish I would have gotten the bare metal and just painted them as I'm going to have to take them off and paint them now anyway.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Well this is useless without pics LOL. So since the black comes off would you recommending getting the black and removing it where the pads don't touch with brake kleen or paint thinner.

Users who are viewing this thread