TPS Voltage Problems

FireredSVT

03 Cobra
Established Member
Ok, here's the deal. I installed the Stiegemeier State IV ported Eaton and tb/pl on my 03 Cobra. I took it to get tuned and for some reason the tuner could not get the a/f below 14.3. He told me i needed a bap or bigger injectors. I called Dyno Bob and he explained that a bap was not necessary and to clean the MAF as it might have oil on it. I did that and was getting ready to go back to the dyno but I can not get my TPS voltage above .96 volts. It seems non responsive when i try to turn it, and there is not much play in them anyway. As a veteran of the 87-93 fox body Mustangs, I remember drilling out the mounting holes in order to give more flexability to turn, but i noticed the Cobra TPS has metal inserts, not plastic like fox bodies. Is there a better way to do it? Anyone have any suggestions on how to get to 1 volt?

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
I had the same problem when I put my Accufab TB on. In my case it wouldn't go above 0.91 V. I was afraid to use the drill because I figured it might mess it up with the metal inserts, so I used a file to elongate the holes and was able to get it in the right range.

Users who are viewing this thread