tr3650 or t45

Gtmaniac

DR. SVT
Established Member
Hey,

finishing up a build on a motor and it has come down to the issue of the transmission. I have a t45 and a tr3650 and i dont know which one i should throw in there. i know i know why dont you get a t56 but at this moment i cant lol just found out kid is on the way and my lady is giving me a two month time frame to finish before she goes into major b**ch mode about it. the t45 is the main one that concerns me. it kinda looks like it has been serviced but im not sure the rtv and the keisler shifter leads me to believe that as i cannot find that shifter anywhere and keisler is no longer in buisness, but it still has a 10 spline so idk lol. the guy i bought the car from says it has no more that 40k on the transmission but i dont think he built it. it would suck to use the tr3650 and the t45 is built. im throwing a p1sc on a fully built motor not looking to exceed 500rwhp at the moment. i attatched pictures of the t45. what do you guys think?

Attachments

• t45.jpg
    t45.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 160
  • t452.jpg
    t452.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 143
  • t453.jpg
    t453.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 147

west08

Established Member
What's it going in? If I remember right, the T-45 has mechanical driven speedo while the T-3650 is electronic.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
the t45 came out of my 01 so its electric speedo. how much hp are you pushing brutal?

550 RW, still have the oem clutch too, I've had a brand new Spec 2+ in my closet for 2 years but the stocker still isn't slipping so no need to replace YET...

Gtmaniac

DR. SVT
Established Member
yea mines has a ram clutch on it i dont plan on doing hard launches with slicks. i have nevery been to the track and honestly dont plan on going maybe once after i get everything put back together and tuned to see what it can run. so im hoping the t-45 holds up. now i have to get rid of this tr3650 lol

avexhype

Established Member
They "say" that in stock form, the tr3650 holds more tq, but honestly a few years back when I had my 00' GT, the t-45 shifted great and held a lot of power and abuse. I always kept the trans fluid fresh and had an MGW shifter on it with the stops as well - felt great!

I went from high HP NA, to 440 rwhp Vortech, to finally Single t-70 turbo with over 500 rwhp and I never heard a peep out of the tranny. I ran the car hard all the time. I went through 3 different motors but the tranny never gave up. Only problem I ever had with it was the Reverse gear grind that most of them have, but all you have to do is shift into 1st before putting it into reverse. I was very impressed with it and wouldn't hesitate to install it.

Gtmaniac

DR. SVT
Established Member
yea I had ben reading that is what I have been reading the t-45 shifts smoother than the tr3650 but im not even going to drive this car hard. if I do race its going to be mostly roll racing.

Users who are viewing this thread