TR3650 Sound

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
My trans has been doing this for a while, but it used to be an off and on thing. Now, it seems like it is a lot more prevalent.

When I am driving, it only does it in 2nd but it does it almost every time in 3rd and 4th now, the car starts to make a metallic sound. I tried to capture it on video, but you can't hear it? It is not like the car isn't making the sound, because I can definitely hear it lol.

The sound just won't come through on video. Next time I starts to do it, I will try and capture it. It only makes the sound when I am on the gas, and sounds like it is coming from the trans so that is my assumption as to where it's coming from lol.

Thanks

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
3650's are very noisy transmissions, I've heard a few that make some crazy metallic/whining noises and never have any issues. Heck even my completely built T45 makes some noise in 1st-3rd. Has it been acting funny when it makes the noise? Maybe old fluid, or possibly needs a little added? The colder temps could be making the fluid a bit thicker causing some more noise, it sucks that describing noises through the internet is one of the hardest things to do lol

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Yes I know lol, especially when you can't hear it in video over my exhaust. It is pretty notchy, and I changed the fluid not long ago. Did it when I put my Pro5.0 on. I will probably change it again this coming Sunday, and see if that fixes it. I know these 3650's are loud, but this isn't a normal sound, or so I think. I don't think the cold weather is the problem, as it's been doing this for a while but it is just getting more and more prevalent now. Doesn't really act funny at all, I have gotten lockout in 3rd quite a bit a of recent though. Got it like 3 times the other night when cruising around, but those were all when I was into it.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Yes I know lol, especially when you can't hear it in video over my exhaust. It is pretty notchy, and I changed the fluid not long ago. Did it when I put my Pro5.0 on. I will probably change it again this coming Sunday, and see if that fixes it. I know these 3650's are loud, but this isn't a normal sound, or so I think. I don't think the cold weather is the problem, as it's been doing this for a while but it is just getting more and more prevalent now. Doesn't really act funny at all, I have gotten lockout in 3rd quite a bit a of recent though. Got it like 3 times the other night when cruising around, but those were all when I was into it.

What fluid do you use in it?

Users who are viewing this thread