TR6's on a Stock L

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
So basically I bought the wrong plugs, I think :shrug: TR6's, will these still be ok on the L, if so what gap should I go with completely stock with a JLT CAI on the way, and in a couple weeks a 4lb lower,+tune? I'm changing them tomorrow.

Thanks,
Aaron :thumbsup:

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
You'll be fine. I'd personally cut back the ground straps and gap them at 0.032-0.034" Make sure to clean the threads with no gritty feel as you screw them in. Then torque them to 12-13ft lbs and no more.

Rich

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
wydopnthrtl said:
You'll be fine. I'd personally cut back the ground straps and gap them at 0.032-0.034" Make sure to clean the threads with no gritty feel as you screw them in. Then torque them to 12-13ft lbs and no more.

Rich

Cut back the ground strap :shrug:

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
.040'' gap sounds good to me stock.

Why not just wait a couple of weeks? You'll be pulling them out and regapping them? OR, just hold onto them and keep them brand new until the mods?

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
Lord Tauk said:
.040'' gap sounds good to me stock.

Why not just wait a couple of weeks? You'll be pulling them out and regapping them? OR, just hold onto them and keep them brand new until the mods?

I had the dreaded spark plug tick, So I figured might as well throw new plugs in while I fixed that.. :nonono:

Either way, I understand I will have to re gap them come the 4lb'er and the tune

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
chevytosvt said:
Cut back the ground strap :shrug:

Racer's trick from way back where you cut back the ground strap where the electrode tip is slightly exposed when looking straight on at the tip. This allows for the A/F mixture to be exposed to a better flame front.

Bird

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
chevytosvt said:
I had the dreaded spark plug tick, So I figured might as well throw new plugs in while I fixed that.. :nonono:

Either way, I understand I will have to re gap them come the 4lb'er and the tune

+Im past the point of no return already, I already pulled all the coilpacks yesterday before work :shrug:

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
02true blue L said:
are you doing a dyno tune?

Got one side done, my hands are pretty sore from work taking a break then doing the other side. Its definitely easier to put it back together than it is taking it apart!

Yes I'm getting a dyno tune dune. I was told I should check out Fast specialties in Vancouver, only about a half hour from me. :shrug:

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
chevytosvt said:
+Im past the point of no return already, I already pulled all the coilpacks yesterday before work :shrug:

Got everything done, Passenger side rear plug was just barely in the hole, Got everything reinstalled, and torqued it idles a lot better. From what I've heard plugs are the hardest install on the L! So let the modding begin! I'm still getting an interior clicking sound :shrug: :whine:

Users who are viewing this thread