Track advice? (new times)

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Went to the track friday and ran my car for the second time. My first time at the track with a stock car netted me an 8.62, 2.2 60 foot times that I decided to blame on being a newbie driver. Since then I got the mods in my sig and now I can launch my car really well. Atleast on the street that is. The track was a different story. No matter how I launched I still spun alot off the line. I even backed off at the beginning one time, but that just led to wheel hop. I tried to spin my tires in a little burnout the last run and wheelhopped so bad my antenna was flying around. Strange, after traction was so rare on the launches.. After that I called it quits, feeling lucky that I didn't break a half shaft. I ended up improving to an 8.37 at 88.79 mph, with a 2.2 60 foot. That means with my better driving and mods I actually got a little more than 2 tenths with the same 60 foot. I found another Cobra guy there that was pullied and ported and he was only getting 8.5's out of his. I'm thinking track prep was really awful? Should I not run Nitto's at the track? Thoughts? If this means anything I saw one idiot in a stock Acura TL driving straight through the water box and onto the track. No one noticed. I avoided that lane but who knows if he did it in both? Thanks in advance! :beer:

marcseidler

Nittos's are hard to get sticky. You need to do a serious burnout. Forget the watre box as that may cool them down. I found they wre not consistant at all. Get a set of BFG Dr's or ET Streets or the new MT Drag Radial. Easier to drive and easier on the drivetrain with much less wheelhop.

Users who are viewing this thread