Track Apps Timers

grobertx

Established Member
Not yet but I plan to as soon as I find a nice 3/4 mile street with no intersections or driveways to safely practice my 1/4 mile runs on... Anyone know of a street in NW Houston, Katy or Cypress???:rockon:

Mapdog

Established Member
Not yet but I plan to as soon as I find a nice 3/4 mile street with no intersections or driveways to safely practice my 1/4 mile runs on... Anyone know of a street in NW Houston, Katy or Cypress???:rockon:

When I was growing up West Beltway 8 was a two lane road that, between Hammerly and I-10 was perfect for practicing launches. Now, not so much.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

I wasn't able to get it below the 4 sec 0-60 range. I think it was 4.3 or something like that. I don't recall exactly. I'm not sure how accurate it is or how low I could get it if I tinkered with it. I was just trying to sort out how it worked.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Established Member
I wasn't able to get it below the 4 sec 0-60 range. I think it was 4.3 or something like that. I don't recall exactly. I'm not sure how accurate it is or how low I could get it if I tinkered with it. I was just trying to sort out how it worked.

Same here. Tried a few different runs with the tires hot and launch control set at different RPM's, my best was a 4.1 at about 5000 feet elevation.

Willie2

Established Member

grand parkway...2am

paluka21

Established Member
I think once the roads warm up, and folks are heating up the stock tires, we may start seeing better 0-60 times. Funny a lot of the "mags" claimed a 3.5 second 0-60 time, but how many times did they try until they even got close to this? What were the conditions?

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I heated the tires a little and got a 4.3, to get in the mid 3's i'd say a nice 30 second burnout and 4k launch should do it. 3.7 perhaps, getting a 3.5 on the timer will be hard on the street.

grobertx

Established Member
When I was growing up West Beltway 8 was a two lane road that, between Hammerly and I-10 was perfect for practicing launches. Now, not so much.

Yea I used to ride my dirt-bike down 288 when they were building on the south side...

grand parkway...2am
1. I can't stay up that late anymore...
2. Hoping for a less conspicuous area like a dead end side road with little chance of traffic or more importantly, Johnny Law showing up...

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I think once the roads warm up, and folks are heating up the stock tires, we may start seeing better 0-60 times. Funny a lot of the "mags" claimed a 3.5 second 0-60 time, but how many times did they try until they even got close to this? What were the conditions?

Most times they simply reprint the manufacturer claims.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
This is pretty entertaining to me.

I've investigated probably 4-5 of these threads now and 4.1 is the best I've seen.

I managed it once...usually 4.3-4.5

Mapdog

Established Member
I haven't driven the car since December. I can't wait to break it out and mess with it a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread