track cal question

cdavila

Established Member
My 2013 GT came with 3.31 gears and a manual tranny, i was thinking of installing some 3.73s and the Track Cal but my question is can i change the speedo with it also anyone that has the track cal is there a real seat of the pants differance in performance.

bullet3z

Established Member
Just got my Track cal installed a few days ago. Yes I had the dealership do it to retain the factory warranty. I will have to say that I do notice a difference. Maybe not as much as the aftermarket tuners can get you. But it does feel stronger. Not to mention the fact that I now have launch control. The loppy idle is more pronounced than I thought it was going to be. I may switch that off at start up once it starts to get old. I can say that I am happy with this purchase.

AWESOMO 4000

Established Member
I just installed the Procal, which is the same tune minus the lopey idle and launch control. Picked my car up about .20 and 2mph. There is a big increase in bottom end power, and the transition through the top end is smoother with a little more power up top, but nothing huge. I have 3.73s and my issue is the rev limiter at the top end of the track running out of steam and holding it back another .20 and 1-2mph or so. If you were to stay with a TrackCal/Procal tune, I think 3.55s are probably a better choice or just leave the 3.31s in there since the factory rev limiter remains. 3.73s are good if you plan on using taller slicks, or are going to go with an aftermarket tune to bump the rev limiter a few hundred rpm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread