track day clutch issue

cw1371

Established Member
Hi all. Im looking for a little advice here. I took my 2014 mustang gt/cs to a local track day at grattan raceway on saturday. At the start of the 8th lap, i down shifted from 4th to 3rd but the clutch pedal didnt leave the floor, so i pulled the pedal up with my foot. I hit the gas, no clutch engagement whatsoever. What im trying to figure out is, did i break something or did i just boil my fluid and cause a large air bubble? Is there any way to check for a air bubble? I'd like to make sure it isnt something really simple before i pull the trans out.*
Yes, it still has stock break fluid, and yes i know im a dumb ass for going to a track day with stock break fluid in the car.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

cw1371

Established Member
Also, ive pumped the clutch probably close to 2000 times since and the clutch now slightly rubs when i let out the pedal while the trans is in gear
Fluid is at proper level

WPBcobra

Established Member
If it got stuck down it can be the throw out bearing, clutch or the clutch master. just going to need to take the trans down to and see what happen. there is no way to check for air in the lines the clutch master is self bleeding

cw1371

Established Member
Turned out to be the clutch disc. All the pad material separated from the disc. Luckily, none of the rivets touched my flywheel. I put a mcleod single disc clutch in it now good for 700hp/700tq

Users who are viewing this thread