Track day insurance - need advice

s.hammer

Established Member
I am doing a road course track day with the Shelby towards the end of June. Need some advice on track day insurance, does anyone have any experience with purchasing track day insurance? Companies that provide it, ideas on pricing?

Any input would be great, thanks.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
There are several insurers who offer track insurance but I use Lockton-Affinity. If you insure for $50-55k coverage with a 10% deductible your event premium should be around $400 +/- mostly depending on the track (and thus, track claim history). It costs less to insure at a track like Roebling than a track like Daytona-Rolex or Road Atlanta. LA is also very good at handling claims, and at is a big plus IMO. A buddy used a different insurer and wrecked his GT-R at Roebling. It took 3-4 months for them to settle the claim and pay him (car was totaled).
S.

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
My buddy crashed his 9 second firebird into the wall a few years back...He had 600 miles on the car, it was beautiful and only made 1 pass. a woman in the other lane running a 15 second mustang left ahead of him in the bracket runs and crossed lanes and hit him... NO INSURANCE....

IT's always worth checking out. I seen a few nice cars hit the dirt in Daytona Rolex course at the beginning of April. it's not kind!!

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
This is only for road course, correct? Nothing like this available for dragstrip?

I haven't been able to find insurance for dragstrip or 1/2 mile racing so far. Last time I tried, they said that road courses are HDPE events and are considered instructional. This is insurable. However, when you are engaged in a racing speed contest, there isn't any insurance available.

I wonder if there is insurance available for professional race teams.

Users who are viewing this thread