Track day prep/cooling....?

koffebean00

Established Member
Just like I stated in my other thread... "I'm in the process of putting my car back together and upgrading parts. I plan on doing a track day next month with some friends."

Still on stock ported blower with 2.76 pulley. I had some cooling issues last year during the summer in slow and dead stop traffic. I haven't drove the car since last year and almost have it ready to go back together... I have bought the following to help with cooling this time around: Afco pro series heat exchanger with dual fans, 170 Reische stat, and the Even flow cooling mod. The car will be retuned so the fans will be adjusted as well.
What other pieces would you recommend/be needed to do a track day?

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Either a switch, or jump the relay for the I/C pump so you can run it for a few minutes while the car is off to get the IAT2 temps down a little.

Unrealford

Established Member
Install a electric water pump, runs alot more efficient and when your in traffic its still running full efficiency, and between runs you can cool car with it.
I had one in my Mach1 and it worked great I installed it and wired it to the extra hot source in fusebox in the position for a convertible. Since obviously it's not a convert the position was avaiable.

Mustang owner since 84

koffebean00

Established Member
Yea, that sounds good also. I'm going to try out all the new stuff and do the 1st event and then decide on the pump. I was actually comtemplating on buying that one.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Get onto the open track forums on this site. TONS of good information! That's how I set my car up! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread