Track footage - VIR in my '14 GT with aero

dmichaels

Established Member
Ran the car at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) last week with TrackDaze. First event I have not instructed at in a couple years, so it was a blast to relax, drive, and chat with other attendees.

First time to VIR and I absolutely loved it. It's a fantastic track. The Full Course is fun and extremely fast. The Grand Course adds a tight, technical ~0.8 miles onto the Full course, and it is phenomenal. I'd venture to say my favorite track I've driven (out of about 14 or so now). A couple laps of each configuration are below. In the Grand Course video, I take a stab at keeping pace with the stock car that was stupid fast on the straights and no slouch in corners either... regardless, very very fun and I left some on the table as I learned the track over the course of a couple sessions. Will absolutely have to go back.

View attachment 76965

Grand Course:
[video=youtube;EgabKHGiPWg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgabKHGiPWg[/video]

Full Course:
[video=youtube;YAGWZlOG7gQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAGWZlOG7gQ[/video]

MFE

Established Member
That's a bucket-list track for me. Looked like you weren't loosing ground too fast to that latemodel.

dmichaels

Established Member
Harry's lap timer on my iPhone with gopoint BT1 OBDII interface for the car parameters. Fantastic app and it's quite accurate as well

dmichaels

Established Member
That's a bucket-list track for me. Looked like you weren't loosing ground too fast to that latemodel.

The track is a must go to. I've wanted to for years and finally did it. So worth the trip! Yeah I tried to hold my own! I need some A7's next time I go...

Users who are viewing this thread