Track Key available

5.0jake

Established Member
:rolleyes:I wonder if the it pings like the regular FRPP tune

Read the warranty info closely and you will see that the once the 3/36 is up it would be like having any other tune. In this case they would definitely know that you have a tune being registered with Ford Racing...

95_Slowbra

Established Member
I wonder what the difference between the pre 7/1/13 and post 7/1/13 2014 Mustang differences are. I assume mine is a pre as I bought it 7/13 and it was on the showroom for 1-3 weeks.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

2014GT

Established Member
I bought mine under the impression it had just arrived at the dealer when I purchased it in February 2014, turned out it had been manufactured in January 2013...

Curious if the tunes could be modified and still keep the track key function.

todcp

Established Member
?? I have a procal tune now and zero pinging.
The regular Ford warranty applies. The 3/36 applies to the procal tune itself.
The track key is not about power and adds none. It improves track parameters. It also will override the procal.

todcp

Established Member
The difference is the electronics were changed significantly 7/1/14. Contrary to earlier reports the track key functions will be available to the earlier 2014 and 2013 GT's but not with the track key. So the tune is loaded in these cars and remains active whereas the later cars get the key and can switch back and forth by using either key.
This overrides all tunes present. So you cannot keep a tune and the track key.

5.0jake

Established Member
?? I have a procal tune now and zero pinging.
Then you are one of the lucky ones

The regular Ford warranty applies. The 3/36 applies to the procal tune itself.

TracKey is warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed on a late model Ford vehicles
by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, beginning upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with
Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, from the
start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty replaces the existing
manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts when a concern is
triggered by TracKey.
This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty
for engine, driveline and suspension parts, when TracKey is identified as the causal part of a warrantable
concern.
Installation of TracKey by an authorized dealer does not nullify the New Vehicle Limited
Warranty.

I wonder what happens to your warranty when the track key triggers a concern after the 3/36...

Last edited:

todcp

Established Member
Good question. The track key does not alter the horsepower so very unlikely damage would be caused by the track key unless the software sent bad info to the motor.
My dealer said he could not imagine a warranty claim being blamed on the procal or the track key as they do little or nothing to the power.
Has anyone heard of a claim being denied for a procal tune or Boss 302 track key??
Good question for the Ford Racing Parts folks to answer? Any official Ford employees on this site that would have an answer?

5.0jake

Established Member
Good question. The track key does not alter the horsepower so very unlikely damage would be caused by the track key unless the software sent bad info to the motor.
My dealer said he could not imagine a warranty claim being blamed on the procal or the track key as they do little or nothing to the power.
Has anyone heard of a claim being denied for a procal tune or Boss 302 track key??
Good question for the Ford Racing Parts folks to answer? Any official Ford employees on this site that would have an answer?
I agree that there is a low chance of anything happening while running a Ford tune and Ive never heard of any issues blamed on it either. Ive also never heard of any issues while running tunes from reputable tuners like AED, Steeda, and some others.
The main potential (unlikely) issue could be having a powertrain failure caused by a factory defect and the dealer blindly blaming the tune as the cause and denying warranty.

ford20

Established Member
IDK why you would want to get the track key unless you are actually actively using your car on a road coarse.

Users who are viewing this thread