Track Night Results

floodstang

Established Member
IMG_4720.png

Brought the Cobra back to the track the night before Thanksgiving. The weather was much better than my last outing a couple of months ago. Leaving at 4500 rpm and shifting at 6k it ran a best of 11.47@121. Not as quick as I was hoping for but quicker than last time. And I was able to drive it home so it was a win for me.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Good stuff. As you stated, any time you drive to the track in the car you raced, and leave in that same vehicle is a win.

What were you expecting to run?
And what were you HOPING to run?

These two numbers should not be the same.

floodstang

Established Member
Good stuff. As you stated, any time you drive to the track in the car you raced, and leave in that same vehicle is a win.

What were you expecting to run?
And what were you HOPING to run?

These two numbers should not be the same.
It ran 11.81 the last time out. It was in the mid 80’s temperature wise. It was in the mid 50’s this night. That and putting skinnies on the front, driving it a little harder and packing the intercooler tank with ice, I was hoping to dip into the 10’s.

LS WUT

Established Member
View attachment 1818752

Brought the Cobra back to the track the night before Thanksgiving. The weather was much better than my last outing a couple of months ago. Leaving at 4500 rpm and shifting at 6k it ran a best of 11.47@121. Not as quick as I was hoping for but quicker than last time. And I was able to drive it home so it was a win for me.
Bad ass man, what’s your set up if you don’t mind me asking?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
It ran 11.81 the last time out. It was in the mid 80’s temperature wise. It was in the mid 50’s this night. That and putting skinnies on the front, driving it a little harder and packing the intercooler tank with ice, I was hoping to dip into the 10’s.

Looks like you’ve got about a half second to shed then.

121 traps strikes me as the lower end of a 10 second car. What’s there to gain on the launch? I know from personal experience that a legitimately launch can change an experience at the track.

I took a 14 flat car with modifications 14.5 my first trip. Second trip to the track with tires a 13.9. And finally went 13.6 with the 100% exact same car and tire configured as the 13.9 run.

Practice. Modifications. Wins.

Users who are viewing this thread