Track time yet?

corysmach1

Established Member
I have 300 miles on mine and i have got on it a few times.....but not completely maybe a gear at a time or so. At 1k miles i will change the oil and go for it. Everybody will have a different opinion.

atistang

Established Member
I have right at 400 miles on the new car, is it too early to make a few passes at the local track, or should I wait a bit?

there are two things you need to worry about

1. keep an eye on your oil level, fresh coyotes tend to burn some oil

2. let the car warm up to operating temp before you give her hell

other than that drive it how you want

and i wouldnt do you first oil change until 4-5k miles at the earliest, i've heard the factory fill has some additives that are suppose to help with the break in process. of course thats just what i hear. i changed my factory fill at 3k and got the tick that so many others have gotten

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
there are two things you need to worry about

1. keep an eye on your oil level, fresh coyotes tend to burn some oil

2. let the car warm up to operating temp before you give her hell

other than that drive it how you want

and i wouldnt do you first oil change until 4-5k miles at the earliest, i've heard the factory fill has some additives that are suppose to help with the break in process. of course thats just what i hear. i changed my factory fill at 3k and got the tick that so many others have gotten

ive heard the same as well. I was at the track @ 750 miles. my car burned no oil either. some do, some doesn't. go for it!

04compgt

Established Member
I beat mine up at 100 miles....now at 16k miles and have done 4 oil changes and no tick, no burning oil. My theory has always been break it in how you are going to be driving it. So go give it hell!

atistang

Established Member
ive heard the same as well. I was at the track @ 750 miles. my car burned no oil either. some do, some doesn't. go for it!

I bought mine with 400 miles. I figured it was to late for bedding the rings, but I went out to a back road and did it anyway. First 1k I went through a quart. I'm not 3k on second oil change and maybe burnt half a quart

Users who are viewing this thread