Track times for my 93 Lightning !!!!

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
I finally took the 93L to the track tonight for the first time since I have owned it (bought it in May of this year).
It already had the following mods when I got it:

BBK 70mm Throttle body
Bassani equal length shortie headers
Bassani catted x-pipe
Dual Flowmasters with dumps
MSD 6a ignition
Level 10 shift kit
Underdrives

Dennis (the previous owner) had ran a best of 15.1 @ 89 if I remember correctly.

In the past few months I added:
Electric fan
Deleted smog equipment
Jeff's Cold Air Tube (Pickrel replica by Jeff)

The L dynoed 221 rwhp before I got it, and dynoed 244 rwhp after all the mods except for the cold air tube

Also the L has 206,330 miles on the stock motor.

So last night I expected a 14.9.....maybe a 14.7 out of it since I had the new cold air tube, and was I wrong.......

I was pleasantly surprized with a 14.5, the another 14.5 then the best for the night was this run:

2.04 - 60'
5.91 - 330'
9.14 @ 75.45 - 1/8
14.36 @ 94.1

and backed it up with a 14.38 @ 94.1

Also I want to mention this was on 87 octane fuel and I have no idea what the fuel pressure or timing is set at :eek: I just took it to the track at the last minute and went for it.

This was on the Goodyear GTII's @ 26 psi and feathering it out of the hole....bark second...bark third......Wooo Hooo :3g:

I also took my 94 Cobra Pace Car Convertible and ran a 13.77 @ 101 - 2.04 -60' on street tires - mods are (stock airbox w/K&N, B303, GT40-Y, BBK 70mm tb, MAC headers - h-pipe and catback, 3.55's, tuned by me with a TwEECer)

What a great night.......I am ready to get some slicks for the L, I have the wheels to mount them on....but waiting to find a good deal on some used slicks.

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
I seen this over at nloc and didn't post, but I'll give you your daps here:burnout: :thumbsup: Definitely good times, these truck just keep surprising me... How's that intake from Jeff? I know that there's no real power increase, but build quality and sound? I think I'm going to be adding one to my Christmas list:-D . Great times especially for that many miles on the ticker:rockon:

Matt95L

Established Member
Awesome times!Get a custom conveter(Don't skimp here a quality converter will make a huge differance),Ranchos,Dyno tuned chip(Sounds like its running strong already so it probally isn't needed),and a set of Drag radials/Slicks.

Last edited:

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
great times i think im about ready to see what my 93 L will do but its almost stock and the Drag strips around me are all closed for the winter but I hope i will be as pleased as you are.

mods-cold air intake k&n filter, dual flowmasters and aftyermarket rims which dont do anything.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
awsome times kb! i think exhaust does alot for these trucks. and jeff's cai looks real clean. and not a bad price. :tug:

hey matt! how do you like that navi converter? i know it's not much over stock on the stall, but it's also not a 500$ piece. i was thinking about getting one.-chris

Matt95L

Established Member
If you need to replace your conveter and don't want to spend alot of money its a good option,but if you are looking for a noticeable gain at the track you should save your money.My next major mod is going to be replacing it with a converter that stalls around 3000 maybe higher.

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Matt95L
Awesome times!Get a custom conveter(Don't skimp here a quality converter will make a huge differance),Ranchos,Dyno tuned chip(Sounds like its running strong already so it probally isn't needed),and a set of Drag radials/Slicks.

I already have the Ranchos :beer:

Next is slicks, Converter and a TwEECer, I am having good luck with tuning my 94 Cobra with the TwEECer so far....time to try on the Lightning :-D

Users who are viewing this thread