Tracktest...V6 vs GT vs Laguna Seca vs GT500

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
"gt500 may be the fastest....but the boss 302 is the car i'd drive home." - video

may say a lot about the boss.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I figured there would be a few more comments on this.
I would like to see a test agaisnt a 2000 R as well, since the LS is supposed to be Ford's best track car ever.

mikes93cobra

Established Member
I'm a little surprised especially since motortrend was able to best the GT500 by a little more than 4 seconds around laguna seca. Am i wrong to be surprised and a little disappointed by these results?

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
I'm a little surprised especially since motortrend was able to best the GT500 by a little more than 4 seconds around laguna seca. Am i wrong to be surprised and a little disappointed by these results?

i'm taking the result because of the track. a blind shot, but i'm thinking the track may have suited the shelby's rpm range and power better than the boss's? would make sense as to why the boss performed better at laguna seca, the shelby at willow springs. though the boss being half a second behind shows it can perform with the shelby.

mikes93cobra

Established Member
i'm taking the result because of the track. a blind shot, but i'm thinking the track may have suited the shelby's rpm range and power better than the boss's? would make sense as to why the boss performed better at laguna seca, the shelby at willow springs. though the boss being half a second behind shows it can perform with the shelby.

Yeah but going from more than a 4 second victory to losing by half a second is a pretty damn big change.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Yeah but going from more than a 4 second victory to losing by half a second is a pretty damn big change.

so many variables... one being the driver. i agree that it's a big change, but the only thing i can think of is the track being suited for one car over the other.

in the end the reviewer did say he'd take the boss home over the shelby, even though their tests had the shelby on top. have to be a reason for that. :lol1:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
This was not a head to head comparison and the GT500 time was from a couple of years ago and not on a 2011 GT500. Regardless it's hard to overcome a 100 HP advantage.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
As mentioned, you can't really compare lap times from different days. Just look at the variability you see at the strip form weather conditions. Now factor in that over 1-3 miles of track, and add to that track conditions that are greatly effected by other usage and the amount of time since the last rain.

I hope we see more tests like this one, and I am sure we will.

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member

I saw that too but the lap Motor Trend was comparing was from a 2010 G500 witch is much slower. The 2011 GT500 with a SVT package witch makes a big different in that car (like car in this video). 2011 GT500 svt will have little faster lap times then the LS Boss at Laguna Seca with a pro driver. Personally I know with the 2012 Boss car I could have a lower lap time driving then a GT500.

FYI I know stock GT with r compound tires at Streets of Willow 1:26 . Same as a LS boss .

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
Did they use the "Key only" mod with the LS? It makes a hella difference.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread