Traction Bar ?

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
So, in another thread on here I was reading i saw a couple of suggestions for traction issues as being some lakewoods or longbars. My question is this. The lakewoods are quite a bit cheaper than the longbars so how much more traction does the longbar provide over the lakewoods? I guess i'm just trying to justify the expense in my head. I'm gonna be doing some type of traction mod in the near future and I want to know as much as I can so that I can make an educated purchase.:shrug:

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
I am also curious on this subject because it seems everywhere I looked the longbars were sold out and the lakewoods were always instock, maybe because the longbars provide more traction and better stability or that they are just better all the way around and all the L owners wanna get their hands on them.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I ran the Lakewoods well over a year... My best times with slicks was 1.89 on the 60ft mark.. Installed the longbars and I noticed the truck being more rigid when stomping the gas... The first time I was at the track with the longbars, I ran a 1.71 with drag radials at the 60ft mark. Then again practice makes perfect and may have just found the sweet spot for launching my truck.

Last edited:

my98stang46

Established Member
Long bars are more a safe guard against axle wrap. All Long bars will bind a little and give you a stiffer ride. Lakewoods are "slapper bars" and are not the same thing as long bars, but serve the same purpose for the most part. A lot of guys love the Metco uppers, and others swear by long bars. If it helps any ive cut the same 60' times on street tires as i have with slicks and long bars(1.84) but i still have my DS intact. I really need a stall to use the long bars and slicks

Users who are viewing this thread