Traction bars or drag radials?

SVT BLACKOUT

THE BATRUCK
Established Member
Eventually thinking about getting both right now i just have 295 45 18 nt05 wanting to get the 305 nt05R or 555r or some traction bars dont know which ones though

Dusten

Established Member
dr's without long bars car create some seriouos issues, especially at the track.

That said, the 555's will not hook as well as the nt05r's, but will last 15k miles. You'll be lucky to get 5k out of the nt05r's.

How much power are you making?

Dark_5.0

Established Member
I have the 295/45/18 NT05's and pulled some 1.82's. I stalled up to about 2k and they would dead hood.

I havent installed my traction bars yet but I have strange drag shocks in the rear with Hotchkis leaf springs and had zero issues.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
dr's without long bars car create some seriouos issues, especially at the track.

That said, the 555's will not hook as well as the nt05r's, but will last 15k miles. You'll be lucky to get 5k out of the nt05r's.

How much power are you making?

This. You really need both.

Dusten

Established Member
I have the 295/45/18 NT05's and pulled some 1.82's. I stalled up to about 2k and they would dead hood.

I havent installed my traction bars yet but I have strange drag shocks in the rear with Hotchkis leaf springs and had zero issues.

Without traction bars your rear end is experiencing wrap. Just because you don't feel it doesn't mean it's not occurring. Drag radials are only going to further complicate the issue. Do a search on youtube someone posted some gopro videos of their rear end under normal driving conditions with no traction bars

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Wow, i've never seen those videos. Very nice.

Have those been compared to JLP's 54" long bars? It's what i have and besides ground clearance, i have zero complaints.

SVT BLACKOUT

THE BATRUCK
Established Member
I NOTICED THAT THE LONG BARS ARE MORE NOTICABLE DO THEY WORK BETTER BECAUSE I LIVE WHERE THERE IS ALOT OF LIGHTNINGS AND I DONT WANT THEM TO COPY ME :burnout::beer:

MikeyP60

Established Member
No need to worry about them copying you. Anyone who races should already have them on their truck. Definitely need Traction Bars if you are going to go on the track with DR"s. Also a Driveshaft Loop is a necessity.:thumbsup:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
If you dont "copy" them, you will be unique because you can show them guys what a broken drive shaft, torn up gas tank, muffler etc looks like.

wheel hop is the devil. Way more than that there fools ball bobby!
waterboy3.jpg

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
chris is right, i'd have those on my truck if i didn't spend money to have a set built

Users who are viewing this thread