Traction control issues?

ultimateburrito

Established Member
Ok, so heres the situation. A week ago I got a flat tire on the right rear passing a dumptruck. I ordered two new hankook tires for the rear and kept my older Michelin pilots on the fronts. I just got everything together yesterday and it seemed to drive fine. Today on an on ramp on hard cornering my traction control activated what felt like my abs even when my traction control was off and I wasnt braking. It has happened several times since. All on hard cornering. This has never happened before and it kinda sucks because it slows down the car on one side, or thats how it feels. Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

ultimateburrito

Established Member
It is. The advance trac is applying brakes to my front wheels on one side only in a turn. A thread on allfordmustangs seems to prove this is an ongoing safety concern and most people are pretty much being ignored at the dealership. I hope its an easy fix, but by the way other people are putting it, Ford is just giving them the run around.

Lone Star

Established Member
sounds like advance trac kincking in to me, but that must have been one hell of a curve you were one for it to kick in. Next time try "sport mode" or "All off"

Sport mode: foot on brake, press traction control button 2x fast

All off: foot on brake, press TC button for 5-7 seconds (Jesus take the wheel mode)

ultimateburrito

Established Member
They arent really very hard turns, thats the thing. I just press the trac control once and it says off. Unless that isnt everything off, I like driving with no assists. But still, why would it happen now. This is how I have been driving it since I bought it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
They arent really very hard turns, thats the thing. I just press the trac control once and it says off. Unless that isnt everything off, I like driving with no assists. But still, why would it happen now. This is how I have been driving it since I bought it.

Just hold the foot brake and TC button till Advanced Trac Off message pops up..should take a little more than 5 seconds

UxKl7zO.jpg

ultimateburrito

Established Member
Still, my advancetrac shouldnt be doing this. Its coming on in turns that are hard, but not pushing it. Does anyone have any idea why this has started now?

sloppymax

Established Member
There is a coating on new tires that should be driven off before pushing the car hard. Not sure how often you drive but most companies say the coating is on for 500 miles. Coating might be compromising traction and advancetrac is stepping in.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^very good point......years ago I ended up on the shoulder and almost into a wall on overpass turn that I normally could carry a fair amount of speed into. I had just put new tires on, tire shop had also over-inflated them by 10+ PSI!!!

ultimateburrito

Established Member
I dunno. The front tires are old and it feels like the front left or right, depending on the turn, is whats applying the brake. Its going to the dealer anyway. I have a badass warranty so I iust might be able to get it fixed. Appreciate the responses guys.

Wildman113

Established Member
Tire circumference. The ABS Module is extremely sensitive to the circumference of each tire. If any tire is more than a 1/4" different in circumference than the rest, the ABS Module will think the car is in a constant turn. This can also cause DTC C1B00 to set in the ABS Module, since it can't figure out the steering angle when it think the car is never going straight.

Heuristic

Established Member
sounds like advance trac kincking in to me, but that must have been one hell of a curve you were one for it to kick in. Next time try "sport mode" or "All off"

Sport mode: foot on brake, press traction control button 2x fast

All off: foot on brake, press TC button for 5-7 seconds (Jesus take the wheel mode)

Wait, is this for every year? No wonder it felt like my traction control was still semi on when I went sideways around a corner. I figured it just hadn't been long enough for the traction control to fully turn off

Users who are viewing this thread