traction control question

beecha91

Established Member
hey guys!! first post here!! hehe i just ordered a svt focus, some guy pre ordered one, and backed out, its silver 6 disc upgraded stereo, and winter package. my question is,, it comes with traction control. my mom's 00gt auto vert has it as well,and i know you can hit the toggle switch and turn it off, but i think i read somewhere its full time traction control on the focus, im not sure tho so im askin you guys!! if is full time is that really gonna hinder performance, you guys think i should order a different one with out it?? let me know thanx in advance guys!!

Don :beer:

TIAMAT

Established Member
The traction control on the svt focus is undefeatable. The mags complain in all the issues that you CANNOT turn it off.:xpl:

beecha91

Established Member
the svt focus that i have a $100 hold on, was pre ordered by someone and they backed down. so this car wasnt ordered by me. i would prefer sonic blue and this car is cd silver. also i want a moon roof (the only option the silver car doesnt have but the dealership would put it in for 1200 and it would be in the payment). we already did all the paper work, nothing final yet, but just filled everything out waiting for the car to arrive. is there anyway for the dealership to enable the traction control or take it out?? if they cant im gonna order a sonic blue w/ blue suede inserts, moonroof and the 6 disc upgraded stereo. and it will be cheaper than the silver car not by much but still cheaper. so what do you think i shoud do??!?!? :bash: thanx again for your help!!

beecha91

Established Member
you think it will really be that bad?? i do live in chicago, and this gonna be a daily driver, so in the slop it should help.. but if its gonna hinder the joy of driving the car il wait and order one without it... thanx :bash:

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
If it's going to be a daily driver and not see or see very little track time, I wouldn't worry to much about it, it wouldn't be that much of a hindrance. Really your going to be driving on the street all time, so you can't be pushing the car to it's limit all the time.

The real question is can you live with silver or do you really really want blue ???

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by beecha91
you think it will really be that bad?? i do live in chicago, and this gonna be a daily driver, so in the slop it should help.. but if its gonna hinder the joy of driving the car il wait and order one without it... thanx :bash:
you know when i was posting that I didnt really think, those are going to have manuals which shouldnt be that bad......

beecha91

Established Member
i actually really like the silver now, after i found a website with like 50 svt's most in silver and it looks tight!! i had only seen like 3 pix of silver prior, but this guy took like 30 shots from EVERY angle hehe. also i think everyone and their mother is gonna have sonic blue. and the blue might be hard to keep looking clean.

sohowome - wouldnt be bad even with the traction control, cuz its 6 spd is that what your saying?? just trying to clerify hehe

i also have the last digits of the vin if anyone can tell me anything from it -- 183379 thanx a lot

Don-

beecha91

Established Member
hey guys i contacted another svt dealer, and this other dealership near me, said their getting 2 svt focus(one blue one silver) in by the end of the month, both WITHOUT traction control. do you think i should pull my 100 bucks from the other dealership, and put a hold on the one with out the winter package?? it also has moonroof too, which the car i have a hold on now, does NOT have... what should i do guys?? let me know thanx! :thumbsup:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Don,
I would say get the blue one with moonroof, specialy since the wait is virtually going to be the same, also you want to get a car you know you will like, becuase you really dont want to get a bad taste in your mouth towards SVT's based on a bad desicion.

-Zach

beecha91

Established Member
Zach-

im going tonght to put a hold on the silver focus at the other dealer , the one without traction control. the guy is selling it at sticker, and is only gonna be a few hundred bucks more than the other. put will have the options i want (audiophile n moonroof). theguy said the silver one will be coming by the 28th of april. so a two week wait is worth it to me, in order to get what i truly want. ill let you know what goes down, thanx again !!
:beer:

Don-

beecha91

Established Member
Zach-

Went tonight and put the hundred bucks down to hold it, got the vin number too. I'm gonna get it at sticker ($19,290) which is cool. im soo happy now that i have a svt with no traction control :D :D and plus the pimpin moonroof that ive never had in a car and always wanted. by the vin # i believe it was made a few days ago, around the 4th or so.. so hopefully in a few weeks it will be here :lol1: thanx again!!
:beer:

thought id show a pic of my other car :lol: :lol:

Don-

beecha91

Established Member
actually age classic design $330 bucks $60 shipping, and shop quoted me a grand (HIGH SIDE) Don come pick up your hood $1700!!! JUST to paint it!!, thats another story :cuss: :bash:

Don-

Users who are viewing this thread