Traction control question

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I went to an autocross today and I had a problem with the traction control. Even though I turn the advanced trac off (held down the traction control and brake for 5 sec) it still kicked in a couple times. At the end of my run, I noticed the loose traction light stayed on. How can I turn this thing completely off? It hurt me on a couple runs. I know sliding isn't the quickest way around a track but this track had some slick areas and it made bad matter worst.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I looked at the owners manual. It's normal for the stability control light to blink on but if it stays on, you need to take it to the dealer. Not sure why it ever came on since I turned it all off. The light did go away when I restarted the car.

alaaw

Established Member
Hi
i own a shelby gt500 2011 and i have like your problem and till now i dont know how to turn the traction off when i want , so if you know how to do it please tell me how u do it , and ill tell you if i know some thing

thanksssssssss

PRP

Established Member
I went to an autocross today and I had a problem with the traction control. Even though I turn the advanced trac off (held down the traction control and brake for 5 sec) it still kicked in a couple times.

Did you just hold it down for 5 seconds or did you hold it down until your dash read-out said it was off?

Mine takes longer than 5 seconds to turn off. Usually about 8. I've seen it reported to take as long as 10 seconds.

You might have just turned the TC off and not the Advance Trac feature.

When I turn mine completely off, the car will get sideways if I give it full throttle in second and the only limit I get is with my right foot or when I bump the REV limiter at 6200rpm.

With the "Sport Mode", it comes on and comes on often (I have a FRPP/Whipple 2.9L SC on my car).

Make sure the dash indicator digital read-out comes on telling you it's OFF before letting up on the TC button.

Maybe, maybe not....
Phill

Users who are viewing this thread