Traction Control questions

demas

Established Member
Hey guys,
I am very confused with the 4 TC modes.
I am trying to find whats the best way to launch and why is that.
I know there are 4 options:
1. TC ON
2. TC OFF with AdvanceTrac ON
3. Sport Mode
4. AdvanceTrac OFF.

My trans is Auto and i am with DR.
Would be very thankful if you can add a short explanation mostly on #2 to #4 modes.

Thanks!

nate714

Established Member
from what I understand the advance track is just to keep the car from going completely sideways, so I don't think it's doing much in a straight line, but it might hinder donuts or drifting.

I'm curious how exactly you turned the advancetrac off, my 14 auto just says TC off, adtrac on, or sport mode.

demas

Established Member
from what I understand the advance track is just to keep the car from going completely sideways, so I don't think it's doing much in a straight line, but it might hinder donuts or drifting.

I'm curious how exactly you turned the advancetrac off, my 14 auto just says TC off, adtrac on, or sport mode.

You press the brake when stopped and hold the TC button for 7-10 seconds.

Bgoins

Established Member
TC off leaves stability control untouched. Sport takes TC off and loosens the reigns on stability control and when everything's off you're on your own.
Personally see no need to ever take stability control completely off.

Mark Aubele

Established Member
TC off leaves stability control untouched. Sport takes TC off and loosens the reigns on stability control and when everything's off you're on your own.
Personally see no need to ever take stability control completely off.

If you take it on a road course and leave stability on, you will fry the rear brakes. Also can't have much fun with it on :)

11gtcs

Established Member
The first time I tried to kick the rear end out going around a corner with AdvanceTrac On and I damn near got into a accident. I usually turn off Traction Control and AdvanceTrac.

Last edited:

demas

Established Member
So the best way to launch is just turn off the TC but leave the AdvanceTrac on?

Vert

Established Member
I run with everything off unless its raining out. Of course I like spirited driving and walk the rear out on occasions so I not keen on the nannies kicking in. Im teeing to get the car to go one direction and adancetrac is trying to make it go a different direction.

noldevin

Established Member
No sweat. It definitely opened my eyes

I think a big problem is everyone seems to think they know what they're doing more than the car does. I'd bet that 90% of the "I turn TC off every time I drive" crowd doesn't know better than the car, and would probably wind up in a ditch if they had to unexpectedly maneuver around something. That's not to say that some drivers here might be good enough, but most probably aren't. This is probably why there's so much material to make mustang memes with.

nate714

Established Member
Then you have Demas, who has made a couple threads on here about trying to help him gain traction then he wants to turn stability control off lol.

DrTriton

Established Member
Stability control comes in handy when you are well into third, or power-shifting into forth, and the car decides it wants to head in a different direction instantly. It has saved my tail on a couple of occasions. I leave it on.

cjd223

Established Member
TC on will cause issues at the drag strip. TC will slam the throttle shut briefly if the tires spin at all during shifts. I have found the best way to use TC on a crap track is to leave with it on, but soon as the car hooks turn it off.

Users who are viewing this thread