traction in 1st w/pulley

astippich

Established Member
Does any one here have 1st gear traction with a 2.76 pulley and irs? If yes then what tires are you using? I have a 2.76 and a 2.93 and am thinking if I can't get traction in first gear with the 2.76 and bfg dr's that I might just sell it and stick with the 2.93. I haven't driven the car yet with the pulley and won't until spring.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
astippich said:
Does any one here have 1st gear traction with a 2.76 pulley and irs? If yes then what tires are you using? I have a 2.76 and a 2.93 and am thinking if I can't get traction in first gear with the 2.76 and bfg dr's that I might just sell it and stick with the 2.93. I haven't driven the car yet with the pulley and won't until spring.

you will get full traction in the summer when its hot and u have new dr's... at least i did and i have the 2.8... and just got 315 bfg's on... and floored it today in 2nd... and full traction.... not to mention its only 15 degrees in pittsburgh also

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
drag radials will get you traction. Going from a 2.76 to a 2.93 will not make a traction difference.

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
completely stock here, and no traction on the F1's in 1st.

astippich

Established Member
Thanks for the replys. I have 275/40/17 bfg dr's on right now. I'm gonna order some 315's and squeeze em in there when the current tires are toast.

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
just a filter and catback with stockish (non-drag radial) tires. 1st is worthless, no traction. I can't even imagine having a pulley without drag radials. I'm going with 315 Nittos when I replace my tires in a few months.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I have 335's pilots, not traction in 1st or 2nd. maybe a little with a full tank of gas, spare/jack in trunk, then 2nd is ok. havent had traction in 1st in ages, didnt know there was such a thing lol :)

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
I have the new Mickey Thompson 275/35/17 Drag Radials waiting for me at my favorite tire shop. I'll get them on once it stops raining around here. These will replace my 2nd or 3rd set of Nitto 315 DRs. Hopefully they stretch to fit the 10.5" wide AFS wheels out back. I'm glad to hear the BFG 315 users are having success.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I have a 2.93, and I cant get them to hook in first or second, third even breaks loose sometimes. I gotta get DR's!

Users who are viewing this thread