Traction Issues

BERT306

Established Member
I got the HP twin turbo setup on my 03 cobra and im still running the 6 speed with a twin disc setup and a built 8.8 with 331's in it .. also have double adjustable uppers and lowers with solid bushings and rear coilovers with strange 10way adjustables. the car is making 608rwhp on pump gas tune and over 800 on race fuel also forgot to mention that i have a M/T 315 35 Drag radial on it. Anyway im having a hell of a time trying to even get the pump gas tune to hook(on the street) . around 3800 seems to be where im in full boost and it just seems like all im doing is spinning . This is my first turbo car soooo im trying to get this thing lined out so thanks for all your help in advance!

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Are you wanting to keep the 4 link, or would you be willing to go 3 link with Torque arm? I went with the MM 3 link, and can honestly say its amazing. I pull digs with awd cars on 275 MT's. While i think the geometry moves the IC out a bit too much, if your power comes on a little slower, this will put the power down perfectly for you. PM me and i'll send you some private vids.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Honestly there's not a lot you can do other than buying the stickiest tire you can find and making sure your rear end is hopping.

Look into boost controllers that enable progressive boost ramp-up, you won't be making as much power but you'll be able to hook what you have, which in the end will be faster.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
I was making 650 with a stock IRS fidanza single disc clutch on 295-45-17 mts with about 700ft/lbs and never had any issues....

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
The problem is the tires. You have the right parts and gears, but the tires are crap. That sidewall is way to small for your power level. Yes its wide, but the sidewall is what is going to help. Put some 28" tall DRs of your choice on there, and your traction issues will go away!

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I used to run an M&H 28" tall DR on an 18" rim. Byfar the best hooking street tire I ever used. I also used a 28" Nitto 555R, which hooked pretty damn well for what it was. The M&H was definetely better. The new Nitto NT05R tire is very nice as well.

I ran mine on the street around 20-22psi cold

BERT306

Established Member
i've got 17x10.5 fr500's on the back so what do ya think i would be best to go with ? By the way thanks EVERYONE! for all the info so far

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
i've got 17x10.5 fr500's on the back so what do ya think i would be best to go with ? By the way thanks EVERYONE! for all the info so far

If you want traction and dont want to mess around go with an M&H 325/45 17. I will guarantee your car will be much much better. Also what boost controller are you running? Try to come in with the boost a little slower, instead of hitting it with max boost from nothing all at once. This will help greatly with traction.

This is the tire

(f) 325/45R17

Users who are viewing this thread