Trade Gen 1 plus?

96chargedcobra

Established Member
Are you guys still doing a buy back on the gen 1s? My Gen 1 literally has 1500 miles on it and has developed a significant leak which I'm very unhappy about given the mileage. I do understand it is an older blower. However, you were offering a deal for old Gen 1 users to trade up plus cash into a Gen 2. is there any thing like that going on?

Thank you.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Are you guys still doing a buy back on the gen 1s? My Gen 1 literally has 1500 miles on it and has developed a significant leak which I'm very unhappy about given the mileage. I do understand it is an older blower. However, you were offering a deal for old Gen 1 users to trade up plus cash into a Gen 2. is there any thing like that going on?

Thank you.
We've never done a buy back but the resale is very strong. Call us tomorrow and let's talk about your leak.

jpc42

Established Member
IMHO 96chargedcobra have a good idea...
seems to me, as a potential customer in few month (next year i wish) with not enough cash for a new gen 2, i trust BJ and justin so i'll prefer buying directly from VMP a used gen 1 with warranty than from someone else...in another hand, like that, it could be possible to buy like a pack with a new tune , 56 lbs injectors...

but VMP have a business, and the price they could buy it wil be lower than they will sell it...so seller are ready to sell at a lower price than sell directly themselves??? buyer are ready to buy more to VMP than directly on the market to antoher member (it could for me, don't think i'm To be the only one has to think of it)??

An idea has to think...

VNMOUS1

Established Member
IMHO 96chargedcobra have a good idea...
seems to me, as a potential customer in few month (next year i wish) with not enough cash for a new gen 2, i trust BJ and justin so i'll prefer buying directly from VMP a used gen 1 with warranty than from someone else...in another hand, like that, it could be possible to buy like a pack with a new tune , 56 lbs injectors...

but VMP have a business, and the price they could buy it wil be lower than they will sell it...so seller are ready to sell at a lower price than sell directly themselves??? buyer are ready to buy more to VMP than directly on the market to antoher member (it could for me, don't think i'm To be the only one has to think of it)??

An idea has to think...

The fact is that people are looking for the cheapest deal most of the time. By the time we took in a GEN 1, did any cosmetic work on it to clean it up, then send it out with a warranty, we'd charge more than the $1500 people can buy them for. Most will take the less expensive deal and not worry about the warranty. We see it happen every day. And, while 85% or so are fine, the 15% that find themselves left 'holding the bag' are simply out $1500.

We suggest people sell their old blower for $1500 or so....buy ours at list, minus the forum discount and end up having a new expense of around $1500 after everything is done. New blower, full warranty, free tune upgrade if you're our tuning customer.

No brainer.

bj

jpc42

Established Member
i understand what you mean, but never see advert for a gen 1 and elbow for 1500 bucks, most of the time range 1800 2000$...

and when i'll buy one, after i need what else from VMP??? a new tune? new injector (2013 55lbs)? BAP?

i'm planning to have in few month one of the GT500 gen 07-09 most powerfull in France with VMP parts...

VNMOUS1

Established Member
i understand what you mean, but never see advert for a gen 1 and elbow for 1500 bucks, most of the time range 1800 2000$...

and when i'll buy one, after i need what else from VMP??? a new tune? new injector (2013 55lbs)? BAP?

i'm planning to have in few month one of the GT500 gen 07-09 most powerfull in France with VMP parts...

Depends on your goals. For less than 700 rwhp a set of 56s and fuel pump boosters will suffice on a 07-10 car. For more, go with ID1000s and the boosters.

Users who are viewing this thread