Trade in value?

Black Sleeper

Established Member
Trade in value? 66'700miles lowered, trackion bars, 4#Lower pully, custom dyno tune, full exhaust. CAI and custom paint job just racing stipes tires are 1 year old brakes and rotors are 2 (powerslot rotars and hawk pads)

j0hn

Established Member
Dealer quoted me 14k a while back on mine (when I was at about 50k), but they didn't care about mods.

I said F that, I'd sell it on my own if it came down to it.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Wow, 14k... About a year ago I went to a dealer to trade in my 02, and at the time it only had about 28000 miles... they told me they'd give me 13k. Needless to say I walked out and decided to keep the L... best decision I ever made..... some vehicles you can do ok on a trade-in.. the L is not one of them

Charlie41

SiFi junky
Established Member
Trading in a Lightning at a Stealer ship is not a good idea. Wait till just before spring (just before gas prices hit gouge mode ) and sell it then.

If your going to trade it in.... At least de- mod it first.

Charlie

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
You're probably better off listing it here and in NLOC as is. If its clean and in good shape, sooner or later a few potential buyers will find it. And they could be local or not. If you've done quality mods and haven't beat the crap out of it, you'll probably do OK. Removing mods takes time and time is money. Then you might get 50% -75% of their value depending on condition and useage.

red9450

Established Member
Yes, I work as a salesman at a dealership, and lightnings do not do well on trade ins, because the dealership usually goes roughly 1k below kbb trade in, and we all know they are worth more than that if sold privately. And definitely de-mod it. dealerships don't care about mods, with the exception of wheels which may give you a few extra $$$.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
All your dealer is seeing that your truck is a 2000 with 66,000 miles. Those mods don't mean jack to them.

j0hn

Established Member
Just an example: I saw a 2000 L with the about the same mileage as mine, but the only difference was 20" wheels and a tonneau cover (It looked like crap too, it wasn't lowered, and the paint wasn't kept up well). They were offering it at a popular ford dealership for 21k, and I only saw it on the lot for about a week.

I know someone traded it in there, because one of the salesmen told me it was a local trade, so I know they couldn't have given them more than about 15k for it. They obviously knew what they had.

Dusten

Established Member
its amazing the decrease in price due to age. i just traded in my 04 with 35K and got 22K for it. but now they are asking 30K for it... :(

Users who are viewing this thread