trade my bassani chambered mufflers for magnaflow/borla/bassani straight through

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
Like the title says-

I just want to get some straight through mufflers. I feel like mine are somewhat of a restriction, since they are baffled. Straight up trade.
Pm me or txt me-
Devin

moonltgold

Bassani also makes the straight-through types -- that's what I have on mine. I have not seen the baffled versions. Now I'm wondering what's the difference.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
Well let me say this. They are decently new, only maybe 2-3k on them. I am thinking about just getting some magnaflow bullet style mufflers new locally- These are in ok condition cept one spot where the exhaust came loose when i was driving home and it put a hole in one of angled parts where it transitions from the bottom to the back side- exhaust doesnt come out that hole for some reason though- no black buildup. Ima see what i can get the magnaflows for locally, might just sell these real cheap depending on what i can get the other ones for. Ima see if i can get pics soon (cars at a buddies shop about an hour away gettin auto installed). I probably can get the muffler welded closed. All i know is that you cant just look straight through the muffler- it goes in on the right front and exits out the left rear or vice versa. I just want to try to make the car breathe as good as possible....

Last edited:

1hot281

Established Member
They have two passages theres no chambers

They're a straight/chambered hybrid

bassani.jpg

inlet dumps into an open chamber, a baffle with two perforated passages surrounded by sound absorption material leads to another baffle and the next chamber, which has the outlet.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
I definitely know that the magnaflow exhaust i looked at was a straight through exhaust- looked similar to the SLP- look into the exhaust- see the other side.... Thats what im looking to attain here....

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
wanting to trade just mufflers are full catback? I have a magnapack catback, but looking for something quietier.

yours are on a SRA right? so they should have the offset inlet and other side offset outlet, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread