Trade nice, rare muscle car for Cobra

63XL514

Established Member
More Pics and a short video of the car idling are on photobucket at:
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd86/63xl514/

EMAIL QUESTIONS TO [email protected]

1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500XL fastback with 63,250 original miles (documented).
Car originally had a 352FE big block with a Cruise-o-matic (I do not have original motor/tranny).
Now has a 514 cubic inch, 600 horsepower big block Ford Motorsport Crate engine part number M-6007-C514. Engine specs available at:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5097

Canton Racing 7-quart road-race style oil pan.

March aluminum pulleys on the water pump and crank. The water pump pulley is dual groove so it can drive the power steering pump if the pump was remounted. I do not have the power steering pump installed and it drives fine, though. To remount the power steering pump new lines would have to be made to clear the headers.

Manual drum brakes completely rebuilt with kits from Praise Dyno Brake, stops better as the shoes get hotter instead of fading. Stops as good as my 12 year old Expedition. I still have the power brake booster that could also be remounted if the valve cover was notched to clear it on the driver's side.

Barry Grant 850 Speed Demon carb, changed to standard 4150 flange because a dominator is not very street friendly.
Aeromotive fuel pump.
Crites Restoration headers, 2" Primary tubes into 3.5" collectors, 3" h-pipe into 4" ceramic coated Flowmasters so it basically sounds like a Pro Stock car at idle.
MSD Digital 6 Plus ignition.
C6 with reverse manual valve body, Art Carr 3800 stall converter, trans brake and hardened 300M input shaft.
Griffin aluminum radiator with Lincoln Mark VIII fan (I have had it in 93 degree weather in traffic and it rides at 185 degrees all day long).
9" with stock 3.00 gears and posi trac (posi works and have marks in my driveway to prove it). The 3.00 gears are great for highway cruising but if you planned on taking the car to the drag strip a set of 4.11 gears would work better with the converter because it does shift a little lazy with the combination of the converter and 3.00 gears.
I built a 4" cowl induction hood with a parts car hood that still needs a little work but looks cool. Original showroom condition hood included because it was just too nice to cut up.
1-year old ($1000 worth) Wheel Vintique Cragar style wheels with new 215/70/15 front and 255/60/15 rear BFG Radial T/As. Original wheels/spoke hubcaps included along with original fender skirts are also included.
The car is the factory color, Black Cherry and has the original interior that is in nice shape but does need a headliner ($300 installed).
It was painted once in its life on outside surfaces only, inside door jambs, trunk, underhood, etc. is factory original. The undercarriage of the car could probably look showroom new with a couple days of detailing.

THIS IS A STREET CAR THAT RUNS GREAT ON 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS...HAVE ALMOST 1,000 MILES ON THIS DRIVETRAIN!! Some have asked about streetability and reliability. The farthest I have driven it was on a 50 mile round trip and to work a few times when the weather was nice. The only problems I ever had was a wire for the fuel pump, and that is it. It cruises at about 2500 rpm going 65 without missing a beat.

I believe the white interior is one of the rarest out there.

NOTE: As I said above, the paint inside the door jambs, trunk and under the hood is all factory original. This car has never been wrecked or damaged. I am the fourth owner but this car has been in the family since 1983 when it was purchased out of West Virginia with 52,000 miles on it. The undercarriage was Ziebarted in 1984 to protect the floor pans but it has only seen rain one time since 1983 and always garaged during the winters.

Looking to trade for the right 03-04 Cobra, supercharged/stroked 94-95 Cobra, built/supercharged 96-01 Cobra or supercharged 2000-up Saleen. I like nice 05-up GTs as well. Nice supercharged Roush and really nice supercharged 2000-up GTs or turbo cars would work too. I'm just enjoying this thing till the right deal comes along. Taking it in the next month to have quieter mufflers put on it so I don't rattle everyones window that I drive by! My car is running great and will have more miles on it when the new mufflers go on but not too many.

Last edited:

63XL514

Established Member
New price on my car is $15,700 and still like to trade for the right Cobra/Saleen, or something stroked/supercharged/turbo with A/C and a 5 or 6 speed.

Users who are viewing this thread