Traded the L for a 5.0

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Just purchased a 2012 Grabber Blue 5.0, stickered at 36K sold it to me for 30K, gave me 9K for the L, all this after I walked out the night prior. I returned the next day to see how serious they were, they came off the price and gave me more for my trade. I am totally pumped, this car is bad ass. Needless to say let the modding begin! I post some pics later.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Congratulations, I also sold my 2nd Lightning for my 5.0. I always miss my L until I think about the Stang.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I just got home and it's dark out, I'll have to wait till morning to take some pics. It's a GT premium with leather package, polished aluminum wheels, I didn't get the up graded brake package or the 373 rear, I plan on upgrading those in the future.

I owned a 03 Mach which I dumped thousands into mods which included a vortech SC. This new 5.0 motor has much more potential than the stock 4.6 mach block. From what I've read the connecting rods are forged steel, the fuel pump is capable of supporting 750 HP, the exhaust manifolds are tubular stainless steel. The interior is so much more refined, I love the backlit cup holders. The ride and feel is superb, I can wait to drive it again. The short trip home last night I caught plenty of people staring, one guy mouthed 5.0 as I drove out of the gas station, haha! Even with the stock mufflers I can immediately hear the deeper tone of the 5.0 vs the 4.6. My first mods will be exhaust, window tinting and suspension. I'll eventually go CAI and a tune. I better call Justin over at JPC, let em know to get ready.:rockon:

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Congrats man. What options?

Where you located on the Delmarva Peninsula?

I live in the sleepy little town of Oxford, in Talbot County.

On another note, my neighbor bought a black 2012 5.0 a few months back, he loves the thing. He opted for the GT500 axle back mufflers, I can hear him start his car every morning from 2 streets away! After talking with him and seeing him drive all over the town with a smile on his face it was time to trade in the L. I'm sure he'll want to head to the track come spring for bragging rites.:lol1: I'll kick his ass.:burnout:

2011redcandy

Established Member
I live in the sleepy little town of Oxford, in Talbot County.

On another note, my neighbor bought a black 2012 5.0 a few months back, he loves the thing. He opted for the GT500 axle back mufflers, I can hear him start his car every morning from 2 streets away! After talking with him and seeing him drive all over the town with a smile on his face it was time to trade in the L. I'm sure he'll want to head to the track come spring for bragging rites.:lol1: I'll kick his ass.:burnout:

I know oxford...im in St.Michaels almost every weekend at my fiances parents place. Ill be there this weekend actually. If you want to hear a stainless works headerback in person Lmk.

I also am selling the wheels on my car (I bought weld RTS) and my carbon fiber JLT intake if you are ready to start modding lol.

Grabber2012

Established Member
Grabber blue FTW! I look forward to getting off every night so I can make a few blasts on the way home, car is a blast to drive everyday. BTW I've quickly noticed the ladies love grabber blue!

kingnut

Established Member
Grabber blue FTW! I look forward to getting off every night so I can make a few blasts on the way home, car is a blast to drive everyday. BTW I've quickly noticed the ladies love grabber blue!

Grabber blue is the tits.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I drove it to work to day and heard the same comments about the color, it's a real eye catcher. Had few chances to go WOT, I'm totally impressed how hard this car hooks and pulls for having zero mods! I couldn't be happier with it. I took my 14 year old daughter for a ride she commented "there's only one thing wrong with this car daddy", "oh yeah", I said, "what's that?" "It's not loud enough", LOL.

Grabber2012

Established Member
I drove it to work to day and heard the same comments about the color, it's a real eye catcher. Had few chances to go WOT, I'm totally impressed how hard this car hooks and pulls for having zero mods! I couldn't be happier with it. I took my 14 year old daughter for a ride she commented "there's only one thing wrong with this car daddy", "oh yeah", I said, "what's that?" "It's not loud enough", LOL.

Lol so true that's the only complaint I had too its so quiet you feel like your not in a mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread