Trading for a 96 Mystic Cobra

etx68

There is a local guy looking to trade his 96 Mystic for something else. He's interested in all trades because he's just going to sell it for the cash anyways. I currently have a 02 GT with a p1sc, cams, headers and better bottom end.

I'm wondering if it would be worth if for me to trade for the Cobra? My thoughts are that it would hold better value in the long run and show more improvements with the same mods as my current car does. Mine is at the point where it's next step is upgrading to a d1sc and aftermarket heads.

The 96 does have some miles on it at 159k, the motors been swapped in from a 98, and its had some mods done to it such as long tubes, gears, shifter etc.. just abasic things.

Any thoughts?

I've also got a 97 gt thats just a stock daily, I don't mind the look of the sn cars and if done right I think they're beautiful, but getting into a low production number Cobra would be new grounds for me.

etx68

Yes that's the one, I'm glad I asked here first the before pictures from that thread make me think I'd be better off mark viii swapping my current car or going with the 2v trickflow heads rather than go down the hole of getting that one and it slowly showing all it's hiding problems.

Thanks for the help, I guess if it was worth it, it would already be gone, and if it looks to good to be true it probably is.

I've never dealt with the seller but have always heard great things about him and his cars , he very well could've done a great job fixing it back up. It just makes me uneasy not knowing for certain what all that car has been through.

nomoretickets

Established Member
Idk, you have a fairly sorted car now, and whatever gremlins you have, "better the devil you know"

There are a lot of really nice sn95 Cobras on the market here, ebay, craigslist, etc. If you wanna move into a 4v, i cant help but feel your money can go farther than a higher miles bolt on car with a known theft and damage in its history. $10k goes a long way in the SN95 world. Just my $0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread