Trading GT500 for a Raptor

nowplaying

HP Noob
Established Member
Been seriously considering getting rid of my 2013 GT500 for a Raptor. I'm on the fence and need some help. Talk me down off the fence or push me over. :)

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the car but I think I would get more use out of the Raptor. Wish I could have both but finances won't allow it.

Talk some sense into me!

raustin0017

Established Member
Keep the GT500 and pick up a used truck if you need to haul stuff. If you want to own the best off-road truck made in America...sell the Shelby and get the Raptor. Good luck!

phil123

Established Member
Raptor is great but how often do you need a truck? If you need a truck on an almost daily basis that may be the way to go. If it is just a weekend thing or much less you could always rent a truck when needed or buy a cheap used one for truck duties.

Husky44

Established Member
Why do you think you'd get more use out of a Raptor?

I DD my Shelby all summer; my Excursion sits at home except for when I need to haul dog food once every month.

If you need a truck for WORK, the Raptor's not exactly the best choice, IMHO. Small bed, tall tailgate, and interior that's not exactly made to drag tool belts in and out of.

Myfast70

Established Member
How is the value on used a Raptor holding up? Are they holding as well as a '13 & '14 Shelby? I don't really follow the trucks so not sure??

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Get an old f150 with a 302 or 351 throw a cam in it and exhuast call it a day. Well thats my plan at least since I really dont need a truck but would like one for house stuff. Cant beat the sound of a nice cammed sbf imo.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

BCPD199

Established Member
Have you driven one yet? From waht I remember from reading the road tests, they said it handled horribly on pavement, "Rolled like a drunken sailor" if I remember correctly. My friend had one a couple of years ago and said it's on road manners sucked; but, take it off road and it's a different animal. So unless you're into off-roading and Baja running, I'd pass and stay with your GT500.

DeltaElite

I have both!! 2013 Shelby and just got a 2013 Raptor!!! Love them both for very different reasons. I don't think I have ever liked a truck as much as the Raptor and I have owned many. And the Shelby is the most fun car I have ever had.
If there is a way you can swing it , get a Raptor and keep the Shelby.
You will not regret it!!!!!

rancid

Established Member
Get a used 2011 or 2012 F150 FX2 with a 5.0 motor and slap a blower on it. Best of both worlds and way under the cost of a Raptor. My friend has a 5.0 FX2 and we did exhaust and a few mods and the truck is really fun to drive around town.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I love my Raptor, so comfortable but so different from my Shelby
I'd say do it

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
people are so well informed on Raptors. lol, Raptor's resale values are as good, if not better, than the shelby right now. Also, on-road manners are awesome. I took off my front swaybar & body roll is still not bad. I take turns at 60+ & have no issues at all. The truck rides like a cadillac, literally it's ride comfort is as good as top of the line luxury cars. Usefulness for a shelby or raptor? get real people, there's far better & more cost effective vehicles to get when it comes to daily usefulness. Deciding between a shelby & raptor is more dependent on the OPs taste & want. I was going to get a new GT500 in place of my old one, but I got a Raptor instead. Either way you go, it's a win in my book.

MJN

Established Member
I traded my Raptor for my Shelby. Both excellent, just one entire different use in each. I for one sold my atv's and did not really need or use the truck much more.

On a side note I really enjoyed the on road ride. I thought it was much nicer then my 06 screw that I had before it, just wider lol

Users who are viewing this thread