trading in 1993 cobra

Snake_93

Established Member
My cobra has about 113,xxx miles and gas mileage is killing me on it so I am thinkin about trading it in on a newer toyota tacoma v6 4wd. I know it is kinda a rare car but the used car market really sucks right now so I figured I would just try and trade it in instead of listing it for months and months on end. cheap 93 cobra, never been in an accident contact me.

how much you think a dealership would give me for it?

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
On paper the dealership may make the trade amount higher and adjust the profit on the vehicle they are selling you. Pay close attention to your finance paperwork. There are a lot of places where they can make adjustments and play a numbers game. My suggestion is to work up a deal with your trade and then throw them a curve and tell them you found a buyer for your car and see if that makes a difference in their selling price. Unless they are a very honest dealer you may be surprised in what they tell you. I cant imagine parting with my 93 but if you decide to sell it, sell it on your own for sure!!

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Dealership may give you $5k trade in but I doubt it. If you would like to trade it for a 94 GT and then trade the GT for the tacoma, I would be more than happy to help you out :)

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
You wouldn't be interested in pulling off some of your performance goodies before you trade, would you? I'd be interested in the axles and possibly the CC plates. Let me know.

Xstanger

Established Member
why on earth would you trade it in?

The best way to find out what you would get on trade would be to go in and say I wany you to buy my car! This will give you an actual cash value and the true amount they are giving you whether or not you buy something.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
What kind of gas mileage are you getting out of your Cobra? I get 18 mpg "spirited" street and 24 mpg hwy with 373's in the rear (once got 27 mpg). I don't see you getting much better mileage with a Tacoma 4wd. I daily drive a 01 Ranger 3.0 V6 2wd (16 street and 22 hwy), my Cobra gets better gas mileage. I would say to give your car a minor tune up, stay out of the gas, and keep you Cobra.

Last edited:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I'm with Jim - my cobra get lots better mileage than my daily driver (96 Chevy {gasp} 1500 4wd extra cab step side). I knock down 17-18 city w/spirited driving and 24 mpg or so highway. That's with 3.73's and numerous mods.

Keep it! :D

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Keep it!!! Trucks usually get worse gas mileage even if they have a smaller engine. Stay with the american brands if you do trade it (GMC, FORD, DODGE) :D

buddha93

Established Member
Originally posted by Snake_93
I figured I would just try and trade it in instead of listing it for months and months on end

Unless your are going to ask 15k for that car, it shouldn't last long. Put it out there for 7k and it will be gone in a week. You'd be lucky if a dealership gave you 4000 bucks for it.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Snake_93

What color combo and options does your Cobra have? Where in Arizona are you? I'm interested. :D

Snake_93

Established Member
the car is black with grey interior/leather

not sure why I am thinking I would get better gas mileage with a truck. Right now I get about 170 miles to a tank, not sure how many mpg. Its not only the gas mileage. I need a truck to haul around a motorcycle I will soon have.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I would say you would be lucky to get $5K out of it at a dealership. If you list it on the net(here, the corral,stangnet), I would say you could sell it quick for $7K. I wish I had some cash laying around, I would drive out there and pick it up today for $7K if I had the money.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
Originally posted by Snake_93
I need a truck to haul around a motorcycle I will soon have.

FYI, I know a guy with a Teal 93 Cobra with one of those "hidden" hitches to tow stuff. I'm sure it could handle and small trailer or a bike.

Users who are viewing this thread