Trading in Mach

Geronimo38

Established Member
I am trading in my mach. and getting a 04 cobra and was wandering what i can use off my mach ex:Cold air, x-pipe,Springs,etc.will it work on the cobra?

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
the exhaust atleast from the catback is different, and I'm not sure what type of CAI the Mach1 has..

As far as the one guy saying keeping the Mach and putting a turbo on it, yes you can do that, but then he's the one with a rod throught the side of the block in his Lightning, because it has the same basic rods that would ventilate your block too with too much power from a turbo on the stock Mach1 rods.

negatives for going to the Cobra are cost, since your going to loose money anytime you get rid of one vehicle and going to another.. Also, you will get wheel hop, unless you throw some money into the rearend of the IRS on the Cobra.

YMMV...

inteller

Established Member
hey speaking of Turbo'd Mach1s....

alldone1.JPG

www.inductionconcepts.com

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
For the amount of money they will certianly rape you for, just do the work on your Mach. Swap your internals and throw on a power adder.
Ofcourse that also comes with other work like fuel pump and tank, but its not a big deal.
A boosted Mach with forged internals will handle all the power you can make for street applications, being you will be limited by two factors.
a) Street safe/reliable power
b) Pump gas

If it were me, I'de stay at either stock or near stock compression ratio and run a lower level of boost on a centrifugal S/C. In the end you will be fuel limited so your effective CR can only be so high anyway. The only difference will be that you have excellent N/A power when running little or no boost, and when you do push boost its more efficient.

Or go with a Turbo...
Or stay N/A and have work done, you can push a reliable 400+ hp.

slvRsrpnt

on my 5th 'stang
Established Member
get the snake. i just made that same jump. your x will swap right over.
i kept my prochamber from my mach and put it on the cobra.
boost is nice. :rockon:

roadracer247

Established Member
Why are you taking apart your MACH? Don't you need to sell it or trade it in? If you mean your returning it to stock then what have you done to the car? If you list exact parts we may be able to help ya out...because saying "etc" doesn't really let us know what you have done to the car....

Geronimo38

Established Member
i have custom dyno tune.Mosier28 spline axles 4:10 gears.mega byte jrs lower control arms andslpx pipe,k&n cold air intake.and the sct custom dyno tuned programmer to run 3 diff tunes race street and stock.oh and borla stingers

Last edited:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Don't see why the x wouldn't work? Should fit fine. Springs no because of IRS and Cold Air probably no because of blower. Congrats and enjoy the new Snake! Mach's are completely sweet, but owning a Cobra is well, just better. You'll see.

Last edited:

adamb258

Established Member
Geronimo38 said:
i was thinkin of putin the eaton supercharger on my mach. :)

Hey man whats up, it was good to meet you the other night. If you get the snake you wont regret it! Boost is addicting.

bp03svt

Established Member
Good choice. I like the Mach 1's and all, but you know how it is. That one in Muscle Mustangs was sick! The yellow one in the pic.

BlakHrse95

Established Member
Ahh, go ahead and do it. If I had the money to trade in my Mach for a Cobra, I would do it in a second. I love my Mach, but the Terminator is the King! Hopefully in a few months I can do the same myself!!! :beer:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Hey HOW im making the LEAP too only to a 03 and im getting it at whole sale :thumbsup: its nice to have friends in the right places

Users who are viewing this thread