Trading in my '04 SVTF for '09 Cobalt SS

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Made the deal this past Thursday. Picking up the Cobalt Monday night.

1) SCT Xcal2 with Hypnotic's Tune (Unfortunately, locked)

Last edited:

Gun5

Established Member
what are they giving you for your SVT my 03 has all options and 28k... private is trying to give me 4-5 and dealers (real ones) 8k

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
The MSRP on the '09 Cobalt is 25,515.

I got just about 4K off that and they're giving me 6,155 for my Focus ('04/44,000 miles/Loaded Non-Euro)

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
i thought about trading mine in on a madzaspeed 3

dam thats a pretty good deal though!

Yeah, I'm satisfied with the deal. Had a similar deal on an '09 SRT Caliber about a month back, but decided I really didn't like the car.

Drove up to the dealer today to see if my car was there (They had to go get it from another dealership about ~70 miles away). Took a few pics.

Last edited:

wjrountree

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
Love the car.....
Correct me if i'm wrong but that has the Turbo 260hp engine right??

They swapped from the supercharged 210hp one this rear yeah???

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Yep - 2.0 liter turbo 260hp/260tq

I hear GM is coming out with a Stage 1 kit to bump it to 290hp,, and it WON'T void my warranty.:coolman:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Yep - 2.0 liter turbo 260hp/260tq

I hear GM is coming out with a Stage 1 kit to bump it to 290hp,, and it WON'T void my warranty.:coolman:

Wow...that's freakin awesome. I may have to look at these as well....do they make the turbo in the 4-door??? The g/f needs a new car.

I'm interested in the SCT and may be interested in the wheels/tires as well.

wjrountree

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
They are putting the same engin in the HHR SS...
IF you want a 4 door...
Saw a panel version down at Daytona with Matte Silver paint and some old school black piston graphics/airbrushing on the side....Freakin sweet!!!

Sorry to thread jack

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Wow...that's freakin awesome. I may have to look at these as well....do they make the turbo in the 4-door??? The g/f needs a new car.

I'm interested in the SCT and may be interested in the wheels/tires as well.

Yes - They do make a Cobalt SS 4 dr sedan. Pretty cool little sleeper IMO.

I went with the coupe because it's easier to get my 6'4"/265lb ass in and out of it.

That was somewhat of an issue with the SRT Caliber. It's not that I don't fit, it's just that the 4 doors are defintely tighter getting in and out.

Answered your e-mail as well. Will get you pics of the wheels in a day or so.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Here's a few pics of the wheels. 16" ASA Aluminum Rims w/ Bridgestone Blizzaks (205/60R/16).

No curb rash. Never bent any of the wheels. Tires have no patches or plugs. Originally purchased from Tire Rack as a complete set - mounted/balanced by Tire Rack. Lug nuts and lock-ring tool included.

Last edited:

Stevarino8

Established Member
The Chevy does have the horses but to cruise around town I feel the SVTF is more stylish, no? What is the price on the Cobalt SS?

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
The Chevy does have the horses but to cruise around town I feel the SVTF is more stylish, no? What is the price on the Cobalt SS?

The third post he said what the MSRP was, how much he got off that and how much his trade in was. Looks like he walked out with the new SS at just over $16K

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Yep - Like 16,700, plus another ~$1,000 for a 6yr/60,000 Platinum Extended Warranty.

It does have the 5yr/100K drivetrain warranty like the Focus, but I only do about 10K/yr and I wanted everything covered (except normal wear items) for at least the next 5 years.

Plus, if I don't use the warranty, the dealership I purchased from will give me a full refund for it when I get rid of the car. (something this particular dealership does to get you back in their showroom)

Sapperstang

Established Member
Good trade. Well most anything would be a good trade for a SVTF. I'd rather have a mazdaspeed than the chevy though.

Users who are viewing this thread