Trail running/Hiking Shoes and Accessories

kaz109

Established Member
I didn’t see a thread on this topic, Do we have any trail runners here? Getting back into shape after a torn achilles I’ve found I really enjoy trail running and even some light hiking so what’s your go to shoes and accessories

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I don't use mine much for trail running (although that's what they were designed for) but I use them in USPSA matches as do most of the competitors, and I love my Solomans Speedcross 5's, if you have wide feet you won't like them though as they do run a bit narrow.

kaz109

Established Member
I don't use mine much for trail running (although that's what they were designed for) but I use them in USPSA matches as do most of the competitors, and I love my Solomans Speedcross 5's, if you have wide feet you won't like them though as they do run a bit narrow.
I’ve heard the same thing about them and being a widefooter I opted not to even try them on. Right now I’m in Altra Lone Peak 7 but being new to the category I thought I’d see if there were better options.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I’ve heard the same thing about them and being a widefooter I opted not to even try them on. Right now I’m in Altra Lone Peak 7 but being new to the category I thought I’d see if there were better options.
I did read reviews on the Speedcross 6's being wider in the toe box, if you have a Scheel's near you I know they sell them as that's where I got my last pair. Give them a try on and see, cause if they aren't too narrow for you they are amazing and I have a set just as my normal shoes that I wear all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread