Trailer help

krhonn

Established Member
Hope everyone had a great holiday season!
I'm wanting to get a open car hauler for taking my 14gt to the strip.
My problem is that I live in a subdivision and the HOA rules don't allow trailers outside. I know nothing about trailers and looking for one that will work safely with the car and yet fit in my garage. I'm not certain that this is possible. The length of the inside of my garage is 19.5'.
Would a 15' trailer work? I know you have to add tongue length on top of the 15' deck. I tried researching overall trailer lengths and how to find tongue lengths but no luck.
Thanks in advance.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I just went out and measured the tongue length on my 18' open trailer and it's 40". I've had my GT on a 16' trailer before and the car is literally the same length as the trailer. There is nothing wrong with that but I prefer a 4' dovetail for ease of loading the car.

Also, race ramps are bad ass for loading a lowered car onto a trailer.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I was in a similar situation when I lived in a townhouse and had a pair of jet skis. I ended up just renting a place to store the trailer for around 30 a month. Try contacting some places that store RVs. It should not be that much as a trailer won't take up that much space.

I think it's going to be difficult to get a trailer that fits in your garage. Do you have a backyard, the HOA shouldn't care if it's stored out of sight.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I've seen boat trailers that have a folding tongue which allows them to fit in garages. Haven't seen a car hauler like that but might be worth the research

krhonn

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Riddick, I actually had a 4'x8' trailer for a mower in my back drive and was told i had to get rid of it. Some of the rules HOA's have are insane. It's one of those "wish i known that before the purchase type deal".

Users who are viewing this thread