tranny and motor? need help

LS1killer16

Established Member
alright my dad has a 96 mustang gt that he use for road racing and the 5 speed needs to be changed to a six speed tranny. now i have an 04 cobra and was wondering if my 6 speed tranny would bolt right up or can't be done.

Has any one put an 2004 cobra motor and tranny in a 96 mustang gt and if you know of some one or a speed shop that has done it and can you have them contact me or give me the name of the shop. i know it won't be that cheap but if you could give me a price that you think it would be.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
you could probably drop the whole set up in the GT, but why ruin an 04 cobra? your dad could get a used 96-98 cobra engine for a good price, then drop a tko600 in it. or a MACH1 setup, possibly

LS1killer16

Established Member
it is the motor and tranny out of my 04 cobra and we wouldn't have to buy a motor for the 96 gt because the 04 cobra motor and tranny will just sitting at my house and i wouldn't have to go to the trouble of selling the motor

98svtconvert

Established Member
there are several people in here who have done it, but i can't think of their names. start a thread that says 04 motor in a 96 or something like that and they should chime in. try it in the terminator section as well. it can be done.

Justin

CY98Cobra

Established Member
The transmission swap is easy. I did it in my car. Only a few small things have to be changed. Not sure what all it would take to swap the motor, shouldn't be too hard.

Users who are viewing this thread