Tranny Fluid

FocusSVT0004

Established Member
Does anybody know what kind of Tranny Fluid i'm supposed to put into my SVTF? I bought a Haynes Manual, but its for GENERAL Focus's. Not Specific to SVT. I have a 2door 2004. This one of the last things I need to do to finish my stage 3 clutch and flywheel upgrade i'm doin. I'm betting i have to go to a Ford Dealer to get this................. Anyone know this? or where to look?

Thanks

Last edited:

Gun5

Established Member
ya $20 a quart.. f that.. there is usually a cheaper, better formulated one we just need to find out what it calls for... maybe mesh ?

Gun5

Established Member
My 23k mile svt is leaking at the driver side axle seal (slightly) and it def is not ATF fluid its more of a gear oil color and thickness even

FocusSVT0004

Established Member
The shop i'm doin my clutch swap in has All data and Shop Key. they both called for a Full synthetic specific type. The only place that had it was the ford dealer... it sucks but thats what i had to do i guess

Gun5

Established Member
The shop i'm doin my clutch swap in has All data and Shop Key. they both called for a Full synthetic specific type. The only place that had it was the ford dealer... it sucks but thats what i had to do i guess

yea I use the the at home version of alldatadiy(.com) for me and my dads shop but she gets the shop done!.. hmm weird well the castrol is the OEM stuff that getrag used and I know royal purple is synthetic im sure mobile 1 is too.. im trying to track down a driver side axle seal atm

FocusSVT0004

Established Member
yea I use the the at home version of alldatadiy(.com) for me and my dads shop but she gets the shop done!.. hmm weird well the castrol is the OEM stuff that getrag used and I know royal purple is synthetic im sure mobile 1 is too.. im trying to track down a driver side axle seal atm

yeah. well i wish i didn't spend $20 bucks a quart, but thats what i did... it works

Gun5

Established Member
yeah. well i wish i didn't spend $20 bucks a quart, but thats what i did... it works

to each his own.. my tranny is leaking so bad right now from the axle seal i wish i had SOME kind of fluid lol.. i just ordered 2 courts of royal purple for $19.98 shipped from corvetteguys.com... just needa find the axle seal tomorrow hopefully the dealer or SVTpartsguy on here can help me :thumbsup:

BTW u do that clutch sensor delete or counterweight delete on your tranny? they really make a big diff on the shifting

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
It does NOT use ATF!!! If you try to use ATF in the Getreg, you'll need to by a new one. Do not use RP or any other gear lube, you'll be replacing all the seals with in 20k miles. If your lucky that is. Do some reserch, thier are alot of other companies that will say they have a cheaper alternative to the OEM motocraft MTF, but doing independent reserch you will also find that those same alternativies will swell seals, or fail alltogeather.

Ataru

Established Member
Power Steering rack takes ATF, the SVT manual suppliment states full synthetic transmission fluid.

focussvtracer

auto x
Established Member
i work on ford at a dealership for 2 years, SVTF takes ATF. ford sells a gear oil upgrade thats safe to use in the getrag but oem fluid is ATF.
:poke::poke:

It does NOT use ATF!!! If you try to use ATF in the Getreg, you'll need to by a new one. Do not use RP or any other gear lube, you'll be replacing all the seals with in 20k miles. If your lucky that is. Do some reserch, thier are alot of other companies that will say they have a cheaper alternative to the OEM motocraft MTF, but doing independent reserch you will also find that those same alternativies will swell seals, or fail alltogeather.

Power Steering rack takes ATF, the SVT manual suppliment states full synthetic transmission fluid.

CEO2008GAME

Banned
Cheap to buy gold coins of the game

Welcome to item4u.com. Cheap to buy gold coins of the game.Warhammer CD Key $46.90Warhammer Online CD Key $46.90World of Warcraft CD Key EU $14.40 WoW CD Key US $18.25 Age of Conan CD Key $28.50 10 Million Rohan Crone $7.97 20 Million Rohan gold $15.94 5 Age of Conan Gold $3.00 30 AoC Gold $17.64 Warhammer PowerLeveling us Level 1 - 10 Package $14.95 Warhammer Online PowerLeveling us Level 1 - 20 Package $49.95 War PowerLeveling us Level 1 - 40 Package $229.95

SVT_ME

Established Member
Do not, i repeat do not use ATF or gear oil of any kind.... Use Royal Purple Synchromax, your tranny will thank you.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Purple-Synchromax-Manual-Transmission/dp/B000BQJ59A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1225307803&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Royal Purple Synchromax Manual Transmission Fluid, quart: Automotive[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread