Tranny Noise?

x2svt

Established Member
At about 12,000 miles I was hearing a minor rattling noise (Metal to metal) on the drivers side when I was parking in the garage or was parked next to a building such as pulling up to the drive thru window at the bank. When I pushed the clutch in it would go away. I thought it might have been a loose exhaust heat shield and the dealer put a new clamp on it. But it did not help and the noise would come and go. (Hardly noticeable)

I now have 42,000 miles on the clock (No this car has not been Beat on or Abused. Only I have driven it and 90% of the miles are X-Way..Plus I got 41,000 miles out of the original Contis) and was turning down my street yesterday heading home and I start to hear a VERY LOUD metal to metal rubbing noise. The best way to describe it is to say it sounds like your brakes when the pads wear out.

I looked under the car and it sounds like its coming from the tranny...Any thoughts or ideas on what it may be!!!! Thanks

RedSVTF5Door

Established Member
throw-out bearing....happens to a lot of us, SVT knows of the problem and is working to fix it, should have a fix out in about a month

babysvt

Established Member
I have this same problem and when I mentioned it to the dealer they said they didn't know what it could be. Mine is not so pronounced and right now I only hear it when I take off from a stop. It sounds just like a brake sound. I suspected it was the power steering at first but when my power steering pump went out (apparently 1 in 10 do) I thought it would go away. I will have to make another appointment at the dealership or at least check into the throw-out bearing.

Users who are viewing this thread