Tranny Question

SVTMUST97

Established Member
I have the stock t45 with 59k on it. Thinking about going 6 speed. Which brand to go with. Like to have the bellhousing separted from the tranny because of the LT headers I have. I running with 3.73 gears with alumuim driveshaft. Any answer would be greatful.

mystical

Established Member
Does the t-45 have issues? If not, keep it. You'll be disappointed with the performance of a stockish car with 3.73s and a 6-spd.

scuzzdude2587

Established Member
This is just based off of gear calculators, but if you plan on doing the 6-speed you're mechanical advantage with the 6-speed and 3.73s will put you back at where you were with the T-45 and 3.27s...I got 4.30s and will be starting my 6-speed install in the next couple weeks. I'll be better off than I was stock though (in theory). I'd wait until you have more mods, or the T-45 really starts giving you trouble to switch over.

SVTMUST97

Established Member
The t-45 is slowly giving problem, but not bad. The car is N/A with some bolts on.
So If I go with 4.10 will that help with doing the tranny swap. I hate taking the header off with Stage 8 locking bolts on. Like the t-5 is easy and quick taking it off.

blown up 98

Established Member
im having promotion powertrain build my t-45 b/c im having issues they said it would be good for 750 ft/lb besides i dont think your drive shaft will work w/ a t-56 they are a longer trans i believe

Users who are viewing this thread