Tranny tuning suggestions

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Truck is going back on the dyno to try to "straghten out" some things i do not like. One of them being the way the tranny shifts.
I have not writen down when it makes the shifts but the 1-2 in light accl happens at about 8mph. I dont know where i should tell the tuner to make the shiftpoints happen or anything else.
I am hardly ever at the track (maybe once a year now) so it will only see street duty.
So do any of you self made tuners or anyone who knows more about the tunning than i do have any suggestions on how to set this up?
Man i wish i had the settings from my old Superchips blue chip. Thats when when the truck was really fun to drive

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
You trans setting have probably been fiddled with a little already. Personally, I would have the tuner set all your trans settings back to stock and then go take it for a test drive and see what's what. Then you can make adjustments for what you would like and nothing else. Some tuners like to manipulate the Trans TV Pressures to give the trans a firmer shift, which gives the feel of performance. But you're not necessarily making more power, you're just shifting quicker.

Do you have a performance valve body installed?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Oh yeah i do. First run FTVB.
I had told him that i wanted the tranny stuff set to stock the first time he tuned it..... He says lets try this one out of a hot mustang i built.
I think its shit but what do i know i only drive it.
If anyone has acess to the factory parameters that would be great

FordFanStan

Established Member
You don't need to know the factory parameters, you can just reload from stock on whichever parameters you want. I would suggest the same, go back to stock, and then adjust from there. FFS

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
FTVB, stock settings, 5600 shifts here. Point it and hold on. I have a tweaked trans shift schedule I made last year which holds the gears longer and downshifts sooner but I don't really use it any more. SW has tried it in his truck. :beer:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Yeah mine is totally screwed.
Hell mine wont shift to 4th untill after 60mph and wont downshift till below 45.
this is normal driving i am sure if i mashed it it would down shift.
Wonder if Eric could get the factory schedule for a 2000 truck cause most of you have 373's or better

FordFanStan

Established Member
Mike you can't have your tuner reload the selected values to stock, (all trans values)? You/your tuner do use SCT correct or do you have the PRP? And you said your truck won't run with this done? Something sounds really weird about this Mike. Sometime tomorrow I may be able to look at some stock style settings and let you know what they are. Have you though about purchasing another tune or trying a friends to test it out? FFS

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
OK, with the stock all around tune loaded into the truck it wont run. To much has changed. Yes it is SCT stuff.
When you said reload to stock i thought you ment the whole program.... not just the tranny stuff. So i mis understood you there.
Its going back on the dyno friday/saturday to fix this tranny crap and hopefully a couple other things.
I can see ill end up buying a PRP or the Sniper stuff.

Last edited:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Yes, just load the trans settings back to stock. Not the whole tune. If your tuner refuses to do this, find a new tuner.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Yes, just load the trans settings back to stock. Not the whole tune. If your tuner refuses to do this, find a new tuner.

If i load the stock tune back into the truck (the whole tune) it is possable to leave the tranny tune in there and for lack of a better term load a blank tune over it so the stock tranny stuff stays and the engine tune with change?
Just want to make sure i know what the funk im talking about when i go back on friday.

Users who are viewing this thread